+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: James Nesbitt

James Nesbitt

Missus watching a programme with him in at the moment, I’m not keen on the smarmy git at all.

Re: James Nesbitt

Offscreen he’s a great bloke, he does masses of charity work and gives up loads of time

He plays a whole range of characters from James to Nesbitt.

He was excellent in Murphy"s Law and I thought the first episode of Bloodlands last night was superb. Really looking forward to the rest of the series.

he was excellent in " the missing" a few years ago

I though that programme last night was good. The same writer as Line of Duty. I have never really taken to JN but seeing the comment above I suspect i may have been wrong? And being from Northern Ireland he is, of course, a Man U fan.

I met him once and he was a really nice guy.

Mad he looks younger now than he did in the yellow pages ads.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I met him once and he was a really nice guy.

Mad he looks younger now than he did in the yellow pages ads.
    I think the hair transplant may have something to do with it !

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    I think the hair transplant may have something to do with it !
    Definitely!

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    he was excellent in " the missing" a few years ago
    He was and really enjoyed it except the end which was a bit naff but still something I don't like about him.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Missus watching a programme with him in at the moment, I’m not keen on the smarmy git at all.
    thinks he's aaaaarrd .

I watched this, but found it implausible.
    First of all, it's directly linked to the kidnap and murder of his wife, so he wouldn't be working on the case, would he?
    Secondly, they've got three bodies, and they row across a lake to an island to bury them? Why not just put stones in their pockets, and tip them over the side?
    Thirdly, towards the end of episode one, I was sat there, just waiting to shout out the classic Indiana Jones line - "They're digging in the wrong place!" - and sure enough...
    All very predictable so far. Bet you his daughter gets dragged into it somehow. Kidnapped, probably. You saw it here first.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    First of all, it's directly linked to the kidnap and murder of his wife, so he wouldn't be working on the case, would he?
    Secondly, they've got three bodies, and they row across a lake to an island to bury them? Why not just put stones in their pockets, and tip them over the side?
    Thirdly, towards the end of episode one, I was sat there, just waiting to shout out the classic Indiana Jones line - "They're digging in the wrong place!" - and sure enough...
    All very predictable so far. Bet you his daughter gets dragged into it somehow. Kidnapped, probably. You saw it here first.
    Did you plant a bug in my house last night ?!

You seem to have covered most of the conversation I had with the missus, from he shouldn't even be working the case right through to his daughter getting kidnapped.

You missed the bit about his daughter's lecturer being either his new love interest or someone who has paramilitary connections.

Still really enjoyed it though.

He must have the best agent in the world.
    Whatever part he plays his back story is a shouty man from Northern Ireland.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Not watching it personally but my missus won't watch anything like this with me anyway as I'm forever picking holes in the plot or second-guessing as you've done.

Hoorah for multiple TV rooms!

(that said I think I might rather suffer it than Brighton v Palace 🥱)

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Not watching it personally but my missus won't watch anything like this with me anyway as I'm forever picking holes in the plot or second-guessing as you've done.

Hoorah for multiple TV rooms!

(that said I think I might rather suffer it than Brighton v Palace 🥱)
    I take it all back.
    Turned out to be a cracker, Palace smash and grab!