+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Talksport Monday Morning - Vincent Tan Interview

Talksport Monday Morning - Vincent Tan Interview

Just listening to the Jim White Show and there's an interview coming up this morning with our owner.
    Thats got to be a rarity!!

Re: Talksport Monday Morning - Vincent Tan Interview

About to start

So.... Vincent is very pleased with Mick and he wants to get promoted again.... God Willing!

Not very informative but good to hear the owner is still in the game.

Yeah pretty much what i was expecting.
    Simon Jordan seemed to speak well about Uncle Vinny and I suppose its nice for the club and Mick to be getting some recognition for the last months achievements from national media outlets.

Didn't Jim White do that sycophantic interview with him on his boat a few years ago

Best but most ill-advised owner we've ever had.

That's the only type of interview Jim White is capable of.

sounded like he was calling him Nick

"I am very happy, very pleased, Mick McCarthy has done a great job in a short while," he told talkSPORT.

"Definitely, any owner would be very pleased with this performance.

"So I really am very happy and thankful that Mick and all his boys did a great job.

"Of course (this needs) everybody's co-operation and the team have stepped up very well under Mick's leadership.

"Hopefully we can do better, hopefully we can get into the play-offs."

Presenter Jim White then interjected, saying: "That is what you want, you want to get to the Premier League, don't you Vincent?"

"Of course we pray we will be able to get there," Tan responded.

"You never know. For example, last season we were also in the play-offs, Neil Harris, our former manager did a great job last season.

"Unfortunately this season he didn't do too well so we had to do a change, and I believe I feel good, that Mick is doing a great job and I believe we have a good chance to get into the play-offs.

"If we are blessed, we hope to be promoted, I'm sure everyone would like to be promoted."

McCarthy has brought with him a wealth of experience in this division, but wasn't exactly short of critics when he first arrived, with many fans seemingly underwhelmed by his appointment in the capital, viewing it as a step back.

However, Tan believes that recent results have helped change a few minds, and he believes the fanbase is now behind McCarthy as he looks to mastermind a play-off push.

"He came highly recommended," Tan added. "We all agreed that with his background and his experience - he's taken two clubs up to the Premier League before, although that was a while ago.

"So we thought maybe we'd give him a chance. When we first brought Mick in, there were a lot of negative comments. But now that Mick has proven [himself] I think many of them have been turned around and I think the fans are supporting Mick now.

"So I just want to say to the fans, thank you very much, please continue to support Mick. Support the team. They need to have the right leadership for them and they can all perform. I think we have a good team and a bunch of great lads."

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    So.... Vincent is very pleased with Mick and he wants to get promoted again.... God Willing!

Not very informative but good to hear the owner is still in the game.
    Inshalah....

Who said this?

Tan should of been honest and said it was Neil Warnock who got them Mick McCarthy

It was good to hear from our owner. Whenever he does make an appearance it is usually pretty positive.

All together now :

"We love you Vinny yes we do "

"Vinny we love you
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Who said this?

Tan should of been honest and said it was Neil Warnock who got them Mick McCarthy
    Do you really believe that?

What time would he have had to wake up to speak this morning? It's not the most detailed of interviews but nice to hear he's still about and positive about the club.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Do you really believe that?
    Definitely, it’s from the font of all Cardiff City knowledge, so it must be true

Didn't hear it - but I'd have a good go at that this is the transcript

Jim White - Hello is that my good friend Vincent Tan

VT - Hello Jim

JW - Vincent my friend you must be delighted the way things are going at the moment under Mick McCarthy

VT - Yes Jim -he's doing a very good job

JW - Vincent its remarkable the transformation there's been since you appointed Mick

VT - We are all very happy

JW - Vincent my friend - was the most important thing when recruiting Mick McCarthy was that you brought in experience. Mick is a very good friend of mine who I've known for over 20 years and you know what you're getting - is that what you were thinking

VT - Yes Jim - its good our results have improved

JW - Yes they have Vincent my friend and you must be delighted that you are now near the play offs. What do you think of that my friend

VT - Yes its very good - we hope for promotion

JW - You've got some tough games coming up Vincent - On Wednesday you play Bournemouth who are now managed by Jonathan Woodgate who is a good friend of the show - will you be watching

VT - I hope so if I'm not busy

JW - and then Mr Warnock who is a great friend of the station - that'll be interesting

VT - Ha Ha

JW - So Vincent my friend do you think Cardiff will go up and regain their rightful place in the Premier League (cough)

VT - I hope so

JW - Thank you very much Mr Tan you are a really wonderful man and I can't wait til we meet again - I hope you are staying safe and I look forward to you coming on the show again when promotion is confirmed

Jim White to co-presenter - What a great guy Mr Tan is....

cue extreme vomiting into bucket

Definitely, it’s from the font of all Cardiff City knowledge, so it must be true
    And that Andy Dibble brought Dillon to the club as well - basically anything good - nothing to do with VT and any anything bad all VTs fault

On a serious note though anybody think we still have a leak at the club 🤔 just asking like

Who said this?

Someone nicknamed the cockroach by the powers that be at the club?

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Didn't hear it - but I'd have a good go at that this is the transcript

Jim White - Hello is that my good friend Vincent Tan

VT - Hello Jim

JW - Vincent my friend you must be delighted the way things are going at the moment under Mick McCarthy

VT - Yes Jim -he's doing a very good job

JW - Vincent its remarkable the transformation there's been since you appointed Mick

VT - We are all very happy

JW - Vincent my friend - was the most important thing when recruiting Mick McCarthy was that you brought in experience. Mick is a very good friend of mine who I've known for over 20 years and you know what you're getting - is that what you were thinking

VT - Yes Jim - its good our results have improved

JW - Yes they have Vincent my friend and you must be delighted that you are now near the play offs. What do you think of that my friend

VT - Yes its very good - we hope for promotion

JW - You've got some tough games coming up Vincent - On Wednesday you play Bournemouth who are now managed by Jonathan Woodgate who is a good friend of the show - will you be watching

VT - I hope so if I'm not busy

JW - and then Mr Warnock who is a great friend of the station - that'll be interesting

VT - Ha Ha

JW - So Vincent my friend do you think Cardiff will go up and regain their rightful place in the Premier League (cough)

VT - I hope so

JW - Thank you very much Mr Tan you are a really wonderful man and I can't wait til we meet again - I hope you are staying safe and I look forward to you coming on the show again when promotion is confirmed

Jim White to co-presenter - What a great guy Mr Tan is....

cue extreme vomiting into bucket
    So was Jim part of Micks appointment process :
    ( J.W. : ""Mick is a good friend of mine"" )

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    And that Andy Dibble brought Dillon to the club as well - basically anything good - nothing to do with VT and any anything bad all VTs fault

On a serious note though anybody think we still have a leak at the club �� just asking like
    Anything bad it's Tan and the commitee's fault. Anything good it's always someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    It was good to hear from our owner. Whenever he does make an appearance it is usually pretty positive.
    He's usualy pretty positive. I don't get some who feel he should be here on match days watching games to show he's still interested.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Inshalah....
    The right word but is hea devotee of Islam? I thought not.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    The right word but is hea devotee of Islam? I thought not.
    VT is a Christian, as is NW. NW recommended MM I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    VT is a Christian, as is NW. NW recommended MM I believe.
    From what source did you hear this and why do you believe it ?