+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Stella

Re: Stella

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Has the alcohol content been reduced to enable it to be competitively priced since unit pricing has been introduced?

Not as 'reassuringly expensive' as it used to be.
    It doesn't cost the same, and it doesn't taste the same either.

International

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    I worked for a major brewer for 25 years and am now a part owner of a craft brewery. Iím no fan of Stella but when you make it you donít add chemicals... what ones does your friend suggest he adds?
    Thats why German Pils is so good, it is illegal to add chemicals to beer in Germany. They does things right!!!!

International

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Some do - I'm not sure about Stella - there's preservatives and colourings etc.
    I thought preservatives only went into bottled/canned beer to prolong its shelf life, like the added stuff to IPA when it was initially made to be shipped to the troops in the Rahj.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    What is used for finings? Egg whites? Fish bladder? Presumably the whole point is that they don't make it into the finished product anyway?

Given the pride that the Germans have in their beer purity laws - is there anything they do in Germany when makign lager that isn't standard practice elsewhere anyway?

I've not had a pint of lager since 2019. Don't miss it at all and when I smell it I do wonder - did I really used to enjoy drinking that?!
    It's not what the Germans do to it, more what they don't do to it. Drink draught Berliner Kindl or Dortmunder Tier for a session and you'll never want british lager ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I thought preservatives only went into bottled/canned beer to prolong its shelf life, like the added stuff to IPA when it was initially made to be shipped to the troops in the Rahj.
    You mean hops, they are preservatives.

You won't find Germans drinking slop like Carling. They wouldn't touch it with a bargepole.

Stella is disgusting; Heineken too.

I worked for a major brewer for 25 years and am now a part owner of a craft brewery. Iím no fan of Stella but when you make it you donít add chemicals... what ones does your friend suggest he adds?
    Craft Brewery you say, I might drop you a PM about that

Any brewery we have heard of, is it local?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Craft Brewery you say, I might drop you a PM about that
    Don't tempt me into brewing my own

I've already been making my own jerky, preserves and it's just the next step