+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We don need no educashun....?

Re: We don need no educashun....?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Here's a video that was sent to me recently that I found really interesting in regards to how we educate children.

https://youtu.be/zDZFcDGpL4U
    Very good.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    That's because modern degrees from a "University" which used to be a polytechnic or a 24 hour petrol garage aren't really worth an 'O' level. Our degrees used to be more highly regarded than American ones, but that's reversed now.
    Blair wanted everyone to be able to get a degree, (???). Well now they can but the degree they get is meaningless.
    It's a characteristic of a number of advanced countries that have increasingly sent higher numbers of students to university in recent decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It's a characteristic of a number of advanced countries that have increasingly sent higher numbers of students to university in recent decades.
    I think the western world will eventually be overrun with sports scientists.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I think the western world will eventually be overrun with sports scientists.
    At least they should be fit enough to overrun.

Christ, when I left school you could be as thick as s**t and still get a job, slightly intelligent - white collar, thick - blue collar. Everybody could get a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Christ, when I left school you could be as thick as s**t and still get a job, slightly intelligent - white collar, thick - blue collar. Everybody could get a job.
    It's a pity that such a system existed as countries such as German realised that intelligent and well-educated people were sorely needed in areas of employment that we considered to be need to be blue collar and inferior.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Here's a video that was sent to me recently that I found really interesting in regards to how we educate children.

https://youtu.be/zDZFcDGpL4U

Very good Thank you for sharing this. He poses some big questions. The kind that no politician want to address.
    The ones that suffer the most as a result are the young people in the system

Do you think we're an advanced country now then ?

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Do you think we're an advanced country now then ?
    The IMF does.

The IMF does.
    I have visited 65 countries myself but one doesn't want to be too subjective by basing one's opinions merely on one's own selective sample, of course.

Yours

One