+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Come on. Hands up. Whos willing to admit they were wrong

Re: Come on. Hands up. Whos willing to admit they were wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Mick McCarthy on Celtic shortlist, if you believe WOL?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-city-19914547
    On skybet there's about 30 other candidates ahead of him, so it's a pretty long shortlist.

The same people who moaned about the appointment are the same people who voted for Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Dave Jones was 48 when he came to Cardiff.
    Hadn't he only really had two jobs as well? He'd been employed by Southampton but his arrest really got in the way of that. The appointment of Jones is more similar to Mackay & Trollope than Warnock & McCarthy

He has done really well and long may it continue. So yes I was also wrong . Shows how much a manager influences the team.

I would still prefer a younger manager playing less "direct" football.

But its a results game .

Still early days, remember Harris took us from 15th to 5th and the playoffs last season made some good signings but it all went wrong especially when Moore and Morrison got injured! Whatever happens I would only offer MM a 1 year rolling contract as it’s cost us a lot of money to sack Managers including Warnock!

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    The same people who moaned about the appointment are the same people who voted for Brexit.
    No they are f**king not!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    He has done really well and long may it continue. So yes I was also wrong . Shows how much a manager influences the team.

I would still prefer a younger manager playing less "direct" football.

But its a results game .
    That's a great plan however you'd have to replace the majority of the playing staff at great cost , and as MM states this game is not complicated to win games , old and young can succeed however its interesting when clubs are in decline or in trouble they hire experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Mick McCarthy on Celtic shortlist, if you believe WOL?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-city-19914547
    Poisoned chalice. I very much doubt if MM would be interested. Celtic will be looking for a young up-and-comer too. They're playing catch-up now.

At least they have something to smile about with us.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Load of rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Hadn't he only really had two jobs as well? He'd been employed by Southampton but his arrest really got in the way of that. The appointment of Jones is more similar to Mackay & Trollope than Warnock & McCarthy
    Jones had had over 400 games by the time he got to us, and 400 extremely successful ones. Had a 48% win rate at Stockport, that's absolutely phenomenal.

International

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    about Mick McCarthy? I certainly am.

I have been pleasantly surprised, I thought we were going to get Warnock Ball on steroids when we appointed Big Mick, especially as we needed to stop the rot. I thought we would get safety first, defensive football, isolated lone striker and play with a draw first, hope to nick a winner from a set piece mentality which we saw under Warnock and the way Mick set up his Ipswich team last time he managed in this division.

However, the change of shape with wing backs and playing the wingers inside behind the striker has worked a treat so far. Yes we still rely on set pieces to a certain to a degree but its one of our strengths so why not? but we have also scored some lovely goals from open play.

I was dreading the thought of Mick doing well enough to get a longer deal but now I think jts a no brainer.

Well done Mick and TC.
    No he's shit, stick to knitting

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    No he's shit, stick to knitting
    That was the honeymoon period.

How was I to know he would revert to type as soon as he got a new deal.

At least with Bulut we know we are getting shite football from the start.

International

Maybe Bulut's replacement could change of shape with wing backs and playing the wingers inside behind the striker has worked a treat so far. Yes we still rely on set pieces to a certain to a degree but its one of our strengths so why not? but we have also scored some lovely goals from open play and take us down the Leagues

Leave it to the grown ups mate, if you think Mad Mick is the answer

about Mick McCarthy? I certainly am.

I have been pleasantly surprised, I thought we were going to get Warnock Ball on steroids when we appointed Big Mick, especially as we needed to stop the rot. I thought we would get safety first, defensive football, isolated lone striker and play with a draw first, hope to nick a winner from a set piece mentality which we saw under Warnock and the way Mick set up his Ipswich team last time he managed in this division.

However, the change of shape with wing backs and playing the wingers inside behind the striker has worked a treat so far. Yes we still rely on set pieces to a certain to a degree but its one of our strengths so why not? but we have also scored some lovely goals from open play.

I was dreading the thought of Mick doing well enough to get a longer deal but now I think jts a no brainer.

Well done Mick and TC.
    I couldn't believe they gave him a contract. The WORST football I have ever watched , to the point I stopped watching Cardiff.
    Those moaning about Bulut have short memories or perhaps its a hangover from Mad Mick .
    Buluts sides play good football occasionally, lack heart when they go one down ,sometimes lack heart from the beginning.

Good find , JR Hartley the football guru...

JR Hartley

Currently asleep surrounded by carers

Well Well

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Maybe Bulut's replacement could change of shape with wing backs and playing the wingers inside behind the striker has worked a treat so far. Yes we still rely on set pieces to a certain to a degree but its one of our strengths so why not? but we have also scored some lovely goals from open play and take us down the Leagues

Leave it to the grown ups mate, if you think Mad Mick is the answer
    Whilst politically you are a no hoper you have done a fine job here

Even writing books may not save him now

I must have been on a wind up....

I must have been on a wind up....
    Never.

Ive just done some research and this was posted after we had just beaten Bournemouth away 2-1, our 6th win on the spin and 8th game unbeaten under Mick (Mick drew his first two) whilst scoring 15 goals in those 6 wins.

Thats my defence anyway

Ive just done some research and this was posted after we had just beaten Bournemouth away 2-1, our 6th win on the spin and 8th game unbeaten under Mick (Mick drew his first two) whilst scoring 15 goals in those 6 wins.

Thats my defence anyway
    😂

👍

Thats my defence anyway
    And that's the point. At the time our results and performances were very impressive. I doubt there was a City fan who, at that time, was sceptical of McCarthy. Harris didn't do too bad a job, but 1 win in 8 saw him get the boot. McCarthy turned that around, got us into the playoff positions, which we subsequently squandered, but still beat the Jacks.

The following season saw us in 6th after 4 games before McCarthy wend doolally and we lost 9 of the next 10, including a club record 8 defeats on the spin.

You can only say what you see at the time. I bet many a City fan would have happily sucked off Bulut after we'd beaten the Jacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    And that's the point. At the time our results and performances were very impressive. I doubt there was a City fan who, at that time, was sceptical of McCarthy. Harris didn't do too bad a job, but 1 win in 8 saw him get the boot. McCarthy turned that around, got us into the playoff positions, which we subsequently squandered, but still beat the Jacks.

The following season saw us in 6th after 4 games before McCarthy wend doolally and we lost 9 of the next 10, including a club record 8 defeats on the spin.

You can only say what you see at the time. I bet many a City fan would have happily sucked off Bulut after we'd beaten the Jacks.
    Never wanted Mick in the first place and certainly didn't agree with the contract he was given - felt we should have said goodbye and started again

As for the jacks result under McCarthy - people have been criticising our lucky wins under bulut - that's was as bulut like away win as you are likely to see

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

Don't let him off the hook you soppy tart 😂

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    ��

��
    He's trying to blame premature Mick Macs Elation now

Mad Micks Fluffer