Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
This has been an utterly bizarre season for Cardiff City. It’s been famine or feast. There was always a good squad there. You finished fifth last season and have added Moore, Wilson. Ojo and now Ng. Good players at this level. I bet Murphy also feels like a new signing
In reality you were badly underachieving under Harris.
However I cannot recall a season when a club has gone from potential relegation candidates to a play off position inside a month. Astonishing.
It certainly has been a bizarre season so far for us (we've only won four games outside of our two long winning runs) and the league (Bournemouth dreadful for couple of months before dropping out of top six, Rotherham and Wednesday have been fantastic for long periods of time but still in bottom three) and there is a lot more football to go.

By my estimation we've used just 15 players in our two runs of good form this year. In the Preston thread you said this about Reading, quoted below, and while there were other issues earlier in the year I think it factors into our bad patches and why expectations should be managed about this latest good patch:

Its also a gruelling season with games coming thick and fast and our small squad is now struggling.