+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bournemouth Message board

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Bournemouth Message board

'Cardiff players put in real effort and closed down all over the pitch some were exhausted at the end whilst our lot of strutting wantabes coasted through most of the match.'

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    'Cardiff players put in real effort and closed down all over the pitch some were exhausted at the end whilst our lot of strutting wantabes coasted through most of the match.'
    It's so interesting as that's what a lot of us were saying about our players near the end with NH. I'm convinced football at this level is so much about man management and getting players to knuckle down and and play as a team. Look at the gulf in results MM and NW managed compared to their predecessors.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    It's so interesting as that's what a lot of us were saying about our players near the end with NH. I'm convinced football at this level is so much about man management and getting players to knuckle down and and play as a team. Look at the gulf in results MM and NW managed compared to their predecessors.
    Leeds took a year to build a promotion winning side on the back of expansive football. If NW and MM can get results so much more quickly it's because going back to basics is a better strategy, in the short-term, and easier to coach. It can even help first year of the premier league but if your play is too basic you're going to struggle after that.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Leeds took a year to build a promotion winning side on the back of expansive football. If NW and MM can get results so much more quickly it's because going back to basics is a better strategy, in the short-term, and easier to coach. It can even help first year of the premier league but if your play is too basic you're going to struggle after that.
    Incredible. I was one of those posters who were predicting a tough relegation fight 6 weeks ago.
    Last night we broke into the top 6 and I phoned a friend to suggest we could remain in a play off place.
    His reaction was “in the kind of form you are in, I wouldn’t rule out reaching an automatic place”.
    Sounds ridiculous but a win at Middlesbrough on Saturday and I just might start to believe we can chase down that 10 point gap