+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many more full games can Moore play

How many more full games can Moore play

He is absolutely knackered

We can’t burn him out or risk injury

Re: How many more full games can Moore play

To be fair he looks knackered in the first five minutes of every game. I wouldn’t worry too much, when you’re winning and scoring it’s amazing what reserves of energy you can find. The difficult thing in football is soldiering on when you’re getting beaten regularly and missing sitters.

..watched him all night..he's a machine..non stop until the end.
    don't think he'll stop running all season.

International

When he is scoring goals they'd probably need a rope to drag him kicking and screaming from the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    To be fair he looks knackered in the first five minutes of every game. I wouldn’t worry too much, when you’re winning and scoring it’s amazing what reserves of energy you can find. The difficult thing in football is soldiering on when you’re getting beaten regularly and missing sitters.
    I thought we could have subbed him on the hour tonight. We were 2-0 up and a fresh pair of legs up front would have given Moore the opportunity to take a breather

Things looked shaky when Wilson and Murphy went off, but fair play to them all, we held on for the win.

Ran himself into the ground tonight. Superb.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Things looked shaky when Wilson and Murphy went off, but fair play to them all, we held on for the win.
    I thought Bournemouth were just looking downhearted when we gave them that goal ....but we managed to see it out ...onwards and upwards

International

After Saturday Harris may feel a bit hard done by not to get on the park, but he'll get more chances.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

The problem is we haven’t got a like for like replacement just two inexperienced players but agree he should have gone off with Wilson and Murphy to be ready for the war with Middlesborough! I wish we had kept Glatzel!

As many as it takes him to get us promoted and win the euros!

Ran himself ragged tonight and becoming quite the talisman. What a couple years he has had, great signing and a striker we’ve not seen the likes of down the city for a spell now.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

He's got to do something with his life ,can't sit around doing nothing , hey we only want 90 minutes out of the
    10, 080 each week ,not much to ask for .

International

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    He's got to do something with his life ,can't sit around doing nothing , hey we only want 90 minutes out of the
    10, 080 each week ,not much to ask for .
    Or maybe 190 ish.

What a player but we can't take him off. He's just too good and we dont have an adequate replacement. Hopefully we can have a few games where we're 5-0 up with 30 mins to go

What a player mind

His last two penalties were unstoppable. No keeper in world football gets near them. I wonder if he will be going top right every time. He has to keep taking them even when Ralls is in the side.

Unless we can rustle up someone who can do the same job, then he's stuck with at least 70 minutes of every game. I would hope that McCarthy spends a lot of time on the raining ground, working out how we'd cope if he couldn't play. My biggest worry is not tiredness, it's injury. Imagine we reach the play-offs, but lose Moore to injury...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    What a player mind

His last two penalties were unstoppable. No keeper in world football gets near them. I wonder if he will be going top right every time. He has to keep taking them even when Ralls is in the side.
    I think beefing his goal record up will help with confidence and if a big club comes in probably does help with the £

Hes so important for the way we play

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Unless we can rustle up someone who can do the same job, then he's stuck with at least 70 minutes of every game. I would hope that McCarthy spends a lot of time on the raining ground, working out how we'd cope if he couldn't play. My biggest worry is not tiredness, it's injury. Imagine we reach the play-offs, but lose Moore to injury...
    I'd be shocked if there's any high intensity physical training happening with two games a week going on , as you say though tactically he needs to have another plan, not just for managing without Moore but teams will work us out soon and it will become more difficult to win , potentially starting Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    What a player mind

Not good enough to return

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    [/B][/I]

Not good enough to return
    He is, and he will. While the current pairing are playing really well, so was Ralls pre injury. We need rotation and I'm pretty sure MM doesn't see Bacuna playing in the midfield 2.

With games coming thick and fast, we need a fit Ralls, and once in I expect him to keep the shirt.

Smithies, Bagan Tutu Brown Ralls Bacuna,Hoilett Ojo Harris Tomlin and Wattam
    None are starting currently, but it shows when fit we have a very good squad of players to choose from

We should try to stop him playing for Wales in March.

I'm not so bothered about him being tired. These boys are athletes these days.

My concern is that he gets caught in a bad tackle or something. I know he's 9 foot but it means nothing when it comes to ligaments etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    We should try to stop him playing for Wales in March.
    No we shouldn't.

We can't anyway, they're competitive internationals.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    No we shouldn't.

We can't anyway, they're competitive internationals.
    This is a CCFC forum, ahead of being a Wales forum. The City comes first for me always.

Personally, I don’t see how Moore, Vaulks, Williams etc can physically survive playing an extra 3 games on top of the 46 scheduled league games without succumbing to a lengthy injury. I don’t want this to be at the expense of Cardiff City; Wales losing out doesn’t bother me so much.