+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next up....... Warnock

Re: Next up....... Warnock

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Agreed, worked wonders on and more importantly off the pitch.
    Some on this board and other boards forget what he actually achieved. Things never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Some on this board and other boards forget what he actually achieved. Things never change.
    Possibly more important in the long run wasn't his rise and fall but the fact he brought a sense of cohesion and positivity after the incredible toxicity at the club following the rebrand. I think he brought a lot of fans back from the brink of losing interest altogether.

International

Quote Originally Posted by theclaw View Post
    My only worry is these players are going to get tired at some point as we have started the same 11 for a couple of games now.
    It is a concern but I think when you're up there and playing the teams immediately around you you have to put your best team out to start. Then it is up to the manager managing his replacements.
    If we can stabilise our position in the top 6 there may be chances for some others in less difficult matches (Is there any such thing in the championship? ) and then the people not playing can be on the bench in case they're needed.

This is another six pointer. It'd be very helpful to win it but it's also true to say that we're pushing our luck at the moment in terms of the the laws of probability and there must come a point soon when we have one or two disappointing results. Having said that, if we could beat Middlesborough that'd make the possibility of consolidation in the playoff places a lot more practical.
    I've always insisted that this is our natural minimum achievement level with this squad but my only misgiving is whether we've put our sprint in a bit early.

International

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    This is another six pointer. It'd be very helpful to win it but it's also true to say that we're pushing our luck at the moment in terms of the the laws of probability and there must come a point soon when we have one or two disappointing results. Having said that, if we could beat Middlesborough that'd make the possibility of consolidation in the playoff places a lot more practical.
    I've always insisted that this is our natural minimum achievement level with this squad but my only misgiving is whether we've put our sprint in a bit early.
    It's not a sprint. Mr Drakeford said so!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    No doubt Mick McCarthy could equally be vilified in due course. Warnock did an amazing job to get us promoted and the subsequent slump (almost an inevitably for most managers who eventually get the sack) shouldn't erase our recognition of his initial achievements.
    McCarthy is like Warnock revisited - and the latter is doing very well at his new club.
    Fickle fans? Surely not.....
    Bollocks to warnock we don't all have to like his spin and bullshit. Decent manager but in my opinion an horrible obnoxious person

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    And then Rooney

We are becoming a bit of a show

Awesome
    Winning at Middlesborough would be special.

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post

Some of his "arrangements" with certain agents don't sit particularly well, either.
    This has to be a issue for all of our fans, some of the contracts he handed out to players with " certain agents " were immoral at the very least

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    Guaranteed Warnock will do his usual 'it was down to me' win or loose by saying something like. 'When you look at their squad it's one of the best in the league and it's not changed much since I built it.'
    Warnock said. "I told him how good a group of players he was getting.

“There’s probably one or two players there who I upset as well and no doubt tomorrow they’ll like to show me what they can do.

“But overall I took most of them there and I think they’ve got a great squad."

Neil really talks up “his boys” at Cardiff doesn’t he!

International

I listened to that and despite what some of the posters said on the Boro board he was only answering the questions he was asked.
    He was also I think trying to play down the expectations of is own fans. That said, he does know our players well and probably knows how to wind them up too, and all that will be fed into his team tomorrow without a doubt.

'Brave little underdogs stop Cardiff city's run', you can hear it already. lol

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    We got to stuff Colin. Wipe that grin off his face.
    Batter them and win 4-0? Or get battered but win 1-0 thanks to a nicely crafted but offside goal. It's a hard choice. Especially if you add one of their players getting sent off for two valid but arguable yellows. So tempting.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Batter them and win 4-0? Or get battered but win 1-0 thanks to a nicely crafted but offside goal. It's a hard choice. Especially if you add one of their players getting sent off for two valid but arguable yellows. So tempting.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I listened to that and despite what some of the posters said on the Boro board he was only answering the questions he was asked.
    He was also I think trying to play down the expectations of is own fans. That said, he does know our players well and probably knows how to wind them up too, and all that will be fed into his team tomorrow without a doubt.

'Brave little underdogs stop Cardiff city's run', you can hear it already. lol
    Oh give over Sharon ffs

International

Who are you calling sharon you bitch. It's Miss Sharon to the likes of you!!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    It's not a sprint. Mr Drakeford said so!!!!!
    Shouldn't be, but in the championship it always is as far as the playoff hopefuls are concerned. Of course, it'd be better to do it from the outset and keep going as we did the last two times that we got promoted.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    Warnock said. "I told him how good a group of players he was getting.

“There’s probably one or two players there who I upset as well and no doubt tomorrow they’ll like to show me what they can do.

“But overall I took most of them there and I think they’ve got a great squad."
    Of the starting line-up against Bournemouth, Warnock only signed Nelson, Flint, Pack, Murphy and Vaulks. That's less than half of our starting 11.

In the match day squad, you can only add Smithies and Bacuna to that. That's nowhere near half.

The other players in our actual squad are Vassell, Tomlin, Bamba and Hoilett. Glatzel is out on loan.

Goes to show how shit his signings were in general, considering he only left about 15 months ago.

**** off, Colin!

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Bollocks to warnock we don't all have to like his spin and bullshit. Decent manager but in my opinion an horrible obnoxious person
    We don't all have your charm.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Of the starting line-up against Bournemouth, Warnock only signed Nelson, Flint, Pack, Murphy and Vaulks. That's less than half of our starting 11.

In the match day squad, you can only add Smithies and Bacuna to that. That's nowhere near half.

The other players in our actual squad are Vassell, Tomlin, Bamba and Hoilett. Glatzel is out on loan.

Goes to show how shit his signings were in general, considering he only left about 15 months ago.

**** off, Colin!
    And we’d be lucky to get half the money back on any of his signings! Wasted £100million in his three years according to Dalman!