Next up....... Warnock

And then Rooney

We are becoming a bit of a show

Awesome

International

Re: Next up....... Warnock

It'll probably fecking snow!!!

We got to stuff Colin. Wipe that grin off his face.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    We got to stuff Colin. Wipe that grin off his face.
    Yeah be nice to get him blaming the officials in his post match interview.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    It'll probably fecking snow!!!
    Met Office says sun/11c/light winds. All is well on the meteo front....if the forecast is correct.

International

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Met Office says sun/11c/light winds. All is well on the meteo front....if the forecast is correct.
    yeah, but I was actually thinking about Derby

The way they're playing I fancy our chances.

I fancy our chances against anyone at the moment.

Kind of scenario Warnock loves .... let’s hope he has a miserable day

Bring them on , my guess is those clubs won't fancy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    The way they're playing I fancy our chances.
    We're better at doing the things Warnock's teams do.

I really do not get where any antagonism towards Neil Warnock comes from.

I hope we smash Boro but that has zip to do with Warnock.

He was what we needed and more.
    Brilliant for us and should be remembered very fondly!

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post

He was what we needed for a year, two at the most and then it started going wrong - I get why he stayed on from his perspective, but I'd remember him far differently if he had left us after the promotion which was the original plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue;5171690[/B

No doubt Mick McCarthy could equally be vilified in due course. Warnock did an amazing job to get us promoted and the subsequent slump (almost an inevitably for most managers who eventually get the sack) shouldn't erase our recognition of his initial achievements.
    McCarthy is like Warnock revisited - and the latter is doing very well at his new club.
    Fickle fans? Surely not.....

those who knock warnock have short memories...he was a revelation for us and should be remembered fondly.
    saying that , he's the enemy on saturday.

From my point of view he gets major credit for turning the team around and getting us promoted but these are significantly outweighed by relegation, costly screw ups in the transfer market, style of football, failure in the return to the Championship, detrimental interference in youth development at the club, his short termism and other pernicious aspects of his management. I hope that Boro, NML and Colin Wanker fail abysmally on Saturday ,

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    From my point of view he gets major credit for turning the team around and getting us promoted but these are significantly outweighed by relegation, costly screw ups in the transfer market, style of football, failure in the return to the Championship, detrimental interference in youth development at the club, his short termism and other pernicious aspects of his management. I hope that Boro, NML and Colin Wanker fail abysmally on Saturday ,
    Some very valid comments but regarding short-termism, all managers are seven or eight poor games from the chop, which makes long-term planning very difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Some very valid comments but regarding short-termism, all managers are seven or eight poor games from the chop, which makes long-term planning very difficult.
    Agreed but when that short termism engenders a belief in the youth structure that they are never going to get a chance in the first team then you lose the likes of Sion Spence. I’m not saying that he is going to be the next best thing but if we do ever turn up another Rambo then you would like to think that there would be no reason for him to seek pastures new. Thankfully, the youth structure seems to be buzzing now.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Agreed but when that short termism engenders a belief in the youth structure that they are never going to get a chance in the first team then you lose the likes of Sion Spence. I’m not saying that he is going to be the next best thing but if we do ever turn up another Rambo then you would like to think that there would be no reason for him to seek pastures new. Thankfully, the youth structure seems to be buzzing now.
    You are not wrong, old fruit.

He was brilliant for us in his first two seasons, and wasn't a million miles away from keeping us up (despite some very strange decisions ie the Healey debacle at Fulham).

I wouldn't say he ruined his reputation here after the relegation but he definitely soured it. I don't think you can underestimate what a good opportunity he squandered with his signings in that window, especially given the cost cutting that has gone on since. He certainly didn't leave us in a good place with aging players on long contracts, and you have to factor that in to any assessment of his time here.

Some of his "arrangements" with certain agents don't sit particularly well, either.

Fulham away game in the premier league was probably the turning point for how he's seen. Fulham home game in the following Championship season, where we didn't look like winning despite them playing 20+ minutes with 10 men, cemented that more negative feeling for some of us.

Not a lot of time really between those two games and up until that first Fulham game he'd probably only get good reviews. Still, I don't think we'll be promoted this season or next because of the mess he left us in.

Guaranteed Warnock will do his usual 'it was down to me' win or loose by saying something like. 'When you look at their squad it's one of the best in the league and it's not changed much since I built it.'

My only worry is these players are going to get tired at some point as we have started the same 11 for a couple of games now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post

Agreed, worked wonders on and more importantly off the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    yeah, but I was actually thinking about Derby
    6 inches🙂