+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bacuna - Warnock's Cardiff played old fashioned football.

Bacuna - Warnock's Cardiff played old fashioned football.

Re: Bacuna - Warnock's Cardiff played old fashioned football.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    And funnily enough Bacuna is one player in particular who has improved immensely since Warnock left.

Did he need to say that at the end?

So that’s Middlesbrough’s team talk sorted.
    Nailed on 2-0 defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    What an absolute idiot, I hope Harris tears him a new one. That's their motivation sorted, Warnock will squeeze every ounce out of that statement

Shots fired!!

I see Warnock is tipping us to go up through the Play Offs if Brentford finish in the top two;-

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-city-18604073

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I see Warnock is tipping us to go up through the Play Offs if Brentford finish in the top two;-

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-city-18604073
    He’ll claim eight and a half promotions should that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Wasn’t he given a five year deal by Neil?

What's Bacuna done wrong here? He's respectful and complimentary towards Warnock and says he enjoyed playing under him. He says that if we get it right against Boro we should win, I'm glad to hear it. Nice interview.

I thought Bacuna spoke very well in the interview (on club TV).

Said what he thought with no anodyne cliches in sight. Good to see his confidence.

International

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    What an absolute idiot, I hope Harris tears him a new one. That's their motivation sorted, Warnock will squeeze every ounce out of that statement
    He must have had clearance to speak to them, so if he wasn't briefed properly that's the club's fault, not his.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    What's Bacuna done wrong here? He's respectful and complimentary towards Warnock and says he enjoyed playing under him. He says that if we get it right against Boro we should win, I'm glad to hear it. Nice interview.
    It's just the last line

"It's all about us. If we do the right thing, work hard and play the tactics the manager gave us, I don't think we have got any trouble beating Middlesbrough."

It comes across as arrogant and a classic "stick it up on the dressing room wall for the teamtalk" quote. Warnock knows our team inside out anyway, giving him "look how little they think of you" ammo to use to motivate Boro when there's so much at stake is just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    It was the last line about beating them easily enough which I thought wasn't the done thing. Even if you think we're gonna stuff this bunch of cloggers you say they're a good side and we're going to have to be at our best etc, keep your confidence to yourself. No need to give it an extra edge when they could be thinking their season is done. Maybe I'm worrying too much; we'll see.

Stupid comments, is there any need when we are playing them soon.

Warnock will love that interview.
    Last edited by 2b2bdoo; 17-07-20 at 11:40. Reason: Adding

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    And funnily enough Bacuna is one player in particular who has improved immensely since Warnock left.
    I noticed that, he is a much better player , you can see he is a decent footballer , has great balance , can put a shift in on a number of positions on the field either on the wing , fullback or midfield ,play deep or forward

I dont see anything wrong with it.

Nothing in there about middlesborough, and complimentary about warnock. He isn't labouring under any illusions about his own playing style

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Stupid comments, is there any need when we are playing them soon.

Warnock will love that interview.
    Don't boxers, managers do this , to wind folk up pre match ,he knows what he is doing , NW probably tell some daft sod to nibble him and then get red carded for it , I did it as a player worked a treat ?/

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

Nothing in there about middlesborough
    He literally said if we play our game we won't have any trouble beating Middlesborough

He literally said if we play our game we won't have any trouble beating Middlesborough
    Oops I meant to say nothing bad about middlesborough

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Oops I meant to say nothing bad about middlesborough
    I'm replying to a lot of these now and I'm getting worried that I'm giving the impression that I care about this far more than I actually do (although I do think it's really idiotic and gives them an unnecessary boost) but if I were Boro I'd take "we won't have any trouble beating them" as a bad thing said about me.

I'll be back here saying I got hacked in a few days after we beat them 8-0, Glatzel (1) Ralls (1) Bacuna (6)

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Don't boxers, managers do this , to wind folk up pre match ,he knows what he is doing , NW probably tell some daft sod to nibble him and then get red carded for it , I did it as a player worked a treat ?/
    I would say boxing is a little different.

I just don't agree, I don't see as helpful.

I'm replying to a lot of these now and I'm getting worried that I'm giving the impression that I care about this far more than I actually do (although I do think it's really idiotic and gives them an unnecessary boost) but if I were Boro I'd take "we won't have any trouble beating them" as a bad thing said about me.

I'll be back here saying I got hacked in a few days after we beat them 8-0, Glatzel (1) Ralls (1) Bacuna (6)
    Jesus Delmi, Warnock has pinned your last paragraph up on their dressing room wall already....he reads this board religiously y’know!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Jesus Delmi, Warnock has pinned your last paragraph up on their dressing room wall already....he reads this board religiously y’know!
    I MADE IT WORSE

Bacuna did say that, yes, but only after saying 'as long as we do the right things', Warnock said almost the same in his interview to be fair. We're 6th and they're 18th so it's a pretty logical way to look at it, I doubt the Boro players see it as trash talking so relax and enjoy the 8-0.