+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff City burst into top six with statement away win.

Cardiff City burst into top six with statement away win.

Six straight wins for the first team, five for Development team and three for the Academy side!

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Re: Cardiff City burst into top six with statement away win.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Six straight wins for the first team, five for Development team and three for the Academy side!

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/
    Thanks Bob

The Barnsley game in hand is on the 10th March so a lot can happen before then, but if we need a result it’s Derby we will all be cheering that night

Seems harsh to say but I thought our subs both dropped deeper when they came on and that gave Bournemouth more time at the back to move the ball. No idea if that was the instruction from the bench or just how they played.

Great write up as always and enjoying the book

Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    Thanks Bob

The Barnsley game in hand is on the 10th March so a lot can happen before then, but if we need a result it’s Derby we will all be cheering that night

Seems harsh to say but I thought our subs both dropped deeper when they came on and that gave Bournemouth more time at the back to move the ball. No idea if that was the instruction from the bench or just how they played.

Great write up as always and enjoying the book
    I agree about the subs, I was a little disappointed with them, they led to Moore becoming more isolated at a time when he needed all rhe help he could get. However, I notice Mick McCarthy went out of his way to praise them both after the game.

Glad to read you’re enjoying the book.

It's not a great period for the pessimists on here.

Roger Stanislaus can't get a game up front for Bournemouth at the moment (he is a 52 year old left back to be fair), Junior Stanislas is keeping him out of the team.

When was the last time before yesterday that a City right back won a penalty and got caught offside in the same game? Peltier?

Thanks Bob as always, I thought Moore's penalty kick was superb again, I would keep him as the main penalty taker when Ralls comes back into the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Thanks Bob as always, I thought Moore's penalty kick was superb again, I would keep him as the main penalty taker when Ralls comes back into the team.
    If*

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Roger Stanislaus can't get a game up front for Bournemouth at the moment (he is a 52 year old left back to be fair), Junior Stanislas is keeping him out of the team.

When was the last time before yesterday that a City right back won a penalty and got caught offside in the same game? Peltier?
    Peltier would get a nosebleed if he crossed the halfway line!

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Peltier would get a nosebleed if he crossed the halfway line!
    Indeed. He had good qualities, of course, but this system wouldn't work so well with him there.

Apologies to TOBW by the way, I forgot to take my anti-sarcasm medication when I got up this morning. Great write-up, as always.

Surely there is no room for Ralls at present ?

Wilson played for one hour against Bournemouth and had the ball just 25 times. Cardiff weren’t looking to keep the ball, then.

In that time, Wilson attempted just 14 passes, completing eight. Impressively, though, he created three chances.

That’s a fantastic ratio, especially as Bournemouth didn’t dispossess him once. Wilson was something of a creative force, creating just under 25 per cent of the game’s overall chances.

And we did it without having the ball very often.

Defensively, too, Wilson was good. He won a tackle and a couple of interceptions.

https://www.rousingthekop.com/2021/0...ues-fine-form/
    My understanding of Wilson before he came was that he was a social media footballing star (all highlights, not enough between those moments) but he's showing now, as he did under Harris, how hardworking he is off the ball while still being effective in key moments. His output is more or less matching Harvey Elliott this year who is being recognised as having a really good season.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    My understanding of Wilson before he came was that he was a social media footballing star (all highlights, not enough between those moments) but he's showing now, as he did under Harris, how hardworking he is off the ball while still being effective in key moments. His output is more or less matching Harvey Elliott this year who is being recognised as having a really good season.
    Harvey Elliott is 17 though, which makes his achievements all the more impressive.
    Wilson is having a good season though.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post

it felt so strange seeing a right back driving into the box like that. a welcome change certainly.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    If he’s still on pelanty duty when the crowds are back I hope he doesn’t sky one, he'll take some poor bugger’s head off.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    If he’s still on pelanty duty when the crowds are back I hope he doesn’t sky one, he'll take some poor bugger’s head off.
    I said in my blog piece for the Preston match that Moore’s positioning and run up for his penalty made it pretty obvious what side he was going to put it, but penalties like the two he’s taken are not going to be saved as long as he keeps his nerve - you need to be a very confident footballer to take them though.

The one he scored against us last season was boring by comparison!

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Surely there is no room for Ralls at present ?
    What a great option to have on the bench when he comes back though

There's going to have to be some kind of rotation at some point so he'll get some games