+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FT: MIDDLESBROUGH 1 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: MIDDLESBROUGH v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

The Ralls/Bacuna double sub didn’t work at all, bit too much of a personnel change.

WTF was Ralls doing then?

What a terrible game of football.

Re: FT: MIDDLESBROUGH 1 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    The Ralls/Bacuna double sub didn’t work at all, bit too much of a personnel change.
    Bringing off Wilson & Murphy is pointless at 1-0, just inviting pressure

We really need a midweek without a game so some of our knackered players can get a rest.

has bringing on ojo and Bacuna ever made us better?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Bringing off Wilson & Murphy is pointless at 1-0, just inviting pressure
    What's odd about that is they are subbed minutes apart which takes up 2 substitution opportunities plus they don't look tired.

Shocking performance, dreadful.

Never in the game, comprehensively outplayed, lucky to get an undeserved point.

The Wilson free kick and Morrison goal aside, we created nothing.

Pack is stealing a living at this level. There can’t be a slower player in the Championship, and he offers nothing.

Ng and Nelson can never pass a ball forward to a blue shirt, just kick it aimlessly.

Murphy never looked interested, Vaulks had a stinker, and Flint looked like a bloke who couldn’t get in the Sheff Wed team. He gave that equaliser away. Cumbersome and slow.

The only players I’d give credit to are Moore, Morrison and Bennett.

Bacuna and Ojo came on, didn’t contributed a thing.

Stinker!

I don’t understand why MM didn’t freshen it up and start a couple of players like Ojo, Bacuna and Ralls.

Wurzels 3-1.
    Jursset where are you? I want a socially distanced hug!!

Shame about the sloppy goal but will take the draw.

Whats going on at Swansea - Wurzels win 3-1. Shots on target. Jacks: 9, Wurzels 3. Talk about taking your chances then.....!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post

Pack is stealing a living at this level. There can’t be a slower player in the Championship, and he offers nothing.

Ng and Nelson can never pass a ball forward to a blue shirt, just kick it aimlessly.

Murphy never looked interested, Vaulks had a stinker, and Flint looked like a bloke who couldn’t get in the Sheff Wed team. He gave that equaliser away. Cumbersome and slow.

Stinker!

I don’t understand why MM didn’t freshen it up and start a couple of players like Ojo, Bacuna and Ralls.
    You out for a pint tonight? Happy hour’s nearly over

No complaints. We looked very tired.
    Onto the next one. At least we wont have to travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    has bringing on ojo and Bacuna ever made us better?

NO

Was very poor.

Warnock's boro the only team trying to play.

We looked very tired but no interest in playing at all, everyone was happy to punt it in behind or out of touch more often than not.

Moore looked particularly frustrated and was often isolated but himself was also a yard off the pace today.

All considered to not get beat was a good result considering we weren't really in it.

Stinker!

It was not a good game of football. Nothing to get angry about though. DDWWWWWWD. You can't win them all.

Drawing away against a side directly competing with us for play-off places isn't the worst result.

Performance wise, a wake up call for MM? If the performance was of a tired team it talks to need for either Barnsley obsession with subs (3 on 60 mins regularly) or more rotation between games. Bacuna is not an attacking player, and maybe Jonny Williams or Harris needed to keep pushing for second goal?

Other results did not go our way this time.

Stinker!

Funny, I can’t remember us being treated to your opinion of our previous six games, maybe I missed them?

A good point today as were rarely in the game. Having said that, what did Phillips have to do?

We didn't have a single corner today. When was the last time that happened?

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Funny, I can’t remember us being treated to your opinion of our previous six games, maybe I missed them?
    well there was nothing to complain about was there?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    A good point today as were rarely in the game. Having said that, what did Phillips have to do?
    Fair point, the best save of the game probably came from the Boro keeper.

Stinker!

Oh goody, Mr Happy is back after a five week sabbatical. Wonder where he has been ?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Oh goody, Mr Happy is back after a five week sabbatical. Wonder where he has been ?
    He had to make his move after a hard fought draw in a war of attrition against a rival close to us in the table, he may have been fearing he’d not get another chance because of us going 100% until the end of the season

I know they're mates but it's a bit annoying to hear about Warnock promoting MM for the job when he left. MM has found a style of play for this squad but (Danny Ward aside and a year younger Hoilett) I don't fancy MM playing to squad Warnock left.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    well there was nothing to complain about was there?