+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cameron jerome

Cameron jerome

There was a strong rumour during the window about this move, which didn't come off. Would have been a good short term move as Watters not the sort of target man we need to support Moore.
    https://twitter.com/CardiffCityLive/...257530369?s=19

Re: Cameron jerome

I don't feel I can call for young players to be given a chance and for the club to bring in a 34 year old on a 6 months deal however it would have been nice to see Jerome back in a City shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I don't feel I can call for young players to be given a chance and for the club to bring in a 34 year old on a 6 months deal however it would have been nice to see Jerome back in a City shirt.
    Sadly the Moore role (a scoring, big, workhorse number 9) is not a position we have a younger player who can provide cover. I am not sure that role is actually suited to young players as they are still growing and need a bit of experience to play that role effectively.

So while I am generally against signing 34 year olds, it does seem that Jerome would have been an astute signing to provide cover and rest-bite for Moore.

We all see the shift Moore puts in and if we had Jerome I think we could take Moore off earlier without losing our shape and jeopardising results.

Shame it didn't come off.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Sadly the Moore role (a scoring, big, workhorse number 9) is not a position we have a younger player who can provide cover. I am not sure that role is actually suited to young players as they are still growing and need a bit of experience to play that role effectively.

So while I am generally against signing 34 year olds, it does seem that Jerome would have been an astute signing to provide cover and rest-bite for Moore.

We all see the shift Moore puts in and if we had Jerome I think we could take Moore off earlier without losing our shape and jeopardising results.

Shame it didn't come off.
    Could have resigned Gethyn Hill. Sometimes people are just in the wrong place, wrong time. He’s the best striker I’ve seen in non-league over the last 5 years. Horrible to play against, holds the ball well and creates & scores goals. I’m not his agent 😄.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Could have resigned Gethyn Hill. Sometimes people are just in the wrong place, wrong time. He’s the best striker I’ve seen in non-league over the last 5 years. Horrible to play against, holds the ball well and creates & scores goals. I’m not his agent 😄.
    Was surprised to see he's only 25.

Decent player.

Cameron Jerome sounds like a gentleman's outfitters.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Cameron Jerome sounds like a gentleman's outfitters.
    Suits you sir!