+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: McCarthy to Celtic.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: McCarthy to Celtic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Really ? You dont mind hoof ball as long as we are winning?

Really ?
    100%, if you would choose quality of football over winning then I don't know what to say to you

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    100%, if you would choose quality of football over winning then I don't know what to say to you
    Agree. Whats the point of trying to play like Barcelona or Brazil every week if you lose every game and get relegated ? The stadium would soon be empty and people would be queuing up on here to request the manager be sacked.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Agree. Whats the point of trying to play like Barcelona or Brazil every week if you lose every game and get relegated ? The stadium would soon be empty and people would be queuing up on here to request the manager be sacked.
    You cant play decent football and win?

There is no future in hit and hope football in the modern game.

There is of course a place for the long ball, mix it up though.

And we are mixing it up Jim, we’ve been knocking it about quite frequently lately. Some of our longish balls have been played with a purpose rather than hit and hope, Murphy’s long cross for Bennett’s winner at Rotherham was spot on. We’re the second highest scorers in the division, they can’t all have been from free kicks, corners & throw ins, some have been beauties. I like good football but knocking it back and forth without any progress is mind numbing to me, different if you’re Man City and the passing moves you up the pitch and invariably ends up in the net but we can but dream to attain that level. Becoming a ‘square ball’ team would leave me cold and that’s how some teams have played against us, not for me. The ball in the back of the net is the be all and end all really and we’re not doing too bad in that respect.

You can but you have to buy people like Ronaldo and Messi then pay them £250K a week each.
    Sucess is the point and that's why there's a danger that we could lose MM - Sucess is a valuable commodity .

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Meanwhile, the top 6 is dominated by teams that play a bit of football. No one has suggested we try to be Barcelona or Brazil. Even ****ing Barnsley are better than us.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    I want football that wont make your eyes bleed .

You are saying whatever I am served up ,I should be happy as long as we win?

Nah I have had enough of that . The last time the football was truly enjoyable was Dave Jones era .

I want to be entertained . Not every minute of every game but at least some kind of excitement.

I was happy to pay my money when Lee Tomlin was playing.

I know what I need to say to you though. I understand your point of view . You are entitled to it.

I want football that wont make your eyes bleed .

You are saying whatever I am served up ,I should be happy as long as we win?

Nah I have had enough of that . The last time the football was truly enjoyable was Dave Jones era .

I want to be entertained . Not every minute of every game but at least some kind of excitement.

I was happy to pay my money when Lee Tomlin was playing.

I know what I need to say to you though. I understand your point of view . You are entitled to it.
    Folk talk about Brentford, Swansea etc., but a decade ago most sides in the Championship were playing good, fast, open football, City especially. Managers have become more pragmatic in recent years with Warnock Harris and McCarthy at the sharp end of the spectrum. Gradually over 3 seasons in the Championship [the one in the PL excluded], we've become less and less attractive to watch. The promotion side was quite good at times, last season so-so, but this season it's not pretty - even the likes of Vaulks admitted so.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Folk talk about Brentford, Swansea etc., but a decade ago most sides in the Championship were playing good, fast, open football, City especially. Managers have become more pragmatic in recent years with Warnock Harris and McCarthy at the sharp end of the spectrum. Gradually over 3 seasons in the Championship [the one in the PL excluded], we've become less and less attractive to watch. The promotion side was quite good at times, last season so-so, but this season it's not pretty - even the likes of Vaulks admitted so.
    I cant believe that you actually think that last seasons or previous years football was better than this. You obviously haven't been watching, the last 8 games especially. We have a centre forward who can actually score goals with his head or feet, works hard as well for 90 minutes and will probably get over 20 goals ; we have one of the most gifted midfielders in the division in Wilson who any of the other teams in the division would take immediately ;we have two fleet footed wingers/forwards who are taking people on, scoring goals/providing crosses and assists ; we are playing a high pressing game all over the pitch and we have a hard working midfield and defence who stop the opposition scoring. It is like comparing Prosecco to Champagne. Vaulks didn't say it wasn't pretty to watch - he said no one wanted to play against us and that we were probably horrible to play against. You are perpetuating the hype and media misinformation around the way McCarthy likes his teams to play.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954;5172039[B
    ]I cant believe that you actually think that last seasons or previous years football was better than this.[/B] You obviously haven't been watching, the last 8 games especially. We have a centre forward who can actually score goals with his head or feet, works hard as well for 90 minutes and will probably get over 20 goals ; we have one of the most gifted midfielders in the division in Wilson who any of the other teams in the division would take immediately ;we have two fleet footed wingers/forwards who are taking people on, scoring goals/providing crosses and assists ; we are playing a high pressing game all over the pitch and we have a hard working midfield and defence who stop the opposition scoring. It is like comparing Prosecco to Champagne. Vaulks didn't say it wasn't pretty to watch - he said no one wanted to play against us and that we were probably horrible to play against. You are perpetuating the hype and media misinformation around the way McCarthy likes his teams to play.
    You're not serious surely.