+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: McCarthy to Celtic.

McCarthy to Celtic.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-city-19914547

Win a couple of games in the championship and the sky is the limit.

As a Rangers supporter I would love to see Mick going to Celtic.

Re: McCarthy to Celtic.

He's not going to want to step down a league

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    He's not going to want to step down a league
    I know .

But I live in hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I know .

But I live in hope.
    Unfortunately it would surely be a no brainer. He’d want that job.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-city-19914547

Win a couple of games in the championship and the sky is the limit.

As a Rangers supporter I would love to see Mick going to Celtic.
    You don't rate him then, in spite of all the recent evidence.

We need to decide as a club who we are and what we want to be.

Mick's doing fantastically well and long may that continue but what happens after June? this needs to be planned for already

Be a good move for him at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You don't rate him then, in spite of all the recent evidence.
    The results have been great . I applaud him.

Would I like to see a bit more football ?

Yeah, yes I would . So you can keep " direct" . I want to see football.
    Should Mick take us to the premier league "direct" will get us no where , actually yes it would , back to the championship again.
    Shoot me for having ambition above bouncing up and down to the premier league.

They talk about Mick McCarthy being a step down from Brendan Rodgers, but, surely, he’d be a step up from Neil Lennon?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    They talk about Mick McCarthy being a step down from Brendan Rodgers, but, surely, he’d be a step up from Neil Lennon?
    What has he done that makes you say that Bob ?

Are we finally playing the type of football you have been asking for , for years?

Celtic will not be looking at a stop gap manager that arguably Mick would be.
    They will be looking more long term for their next manager especially what is happening down the road with Gerrard

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I fear they are destined to be disappointed with the caliber of manager they're expecting to go there.
    They say that Rodgers went there after almost winning the premier league - and there was probably a time in the not too distant past that they could compete with clubs at the top level of the English pyramid.
    In reality Rodgers was sacked with Liverpool in 10th, having finished 6th the previous season and performed poorly in Europe. He was out of work for half a year and certainly not linked with any big jobs in the premier league at that time. His reputation was very much improved by the time he finished his exploits at Celtic.

I've also seen some Celtic fans thinking they are going to poach the manager of Red Bull Saltzburg - I really can't see it personally, but stranger things have happened.

Well, I for one hope Cardiff keep McCarthy on after the season ends.
    But then, we all said the same thing about Harris, didn't we?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I fear they are destined to be disappointed with the caliber of manager they're expecting to go there.
    They say that Rodgers went there after almost winning the premier league - and there was probably a time in the not too distant past that they could compete with clubs at the top level of the English pyramid.
    In reality Rodgers was sacked with Liverpool in 10th, having finished 6th the previous season and performed poorly in Europe. He was out of work for half a year and certainly not linked with any big jobs in the premier league at that time. His reputation was very much improved by the time he finished his exploits at Celtic.

I've also seen some Celtic fans thinking they are going to poach the manager of Red Bull Saltzburg - I really can't see it personally, but stranger things have happened.
    I think it’s fair to say that Celtic have huge delusions of grandeur.
    Reasonably big club playing in a pub league.
    An embarrassment in Europe every year losing out to other “mickey mouse” clubs from third world countries
    The money, opportunities to win local silverware and play in Europe will ensure they get a decent manager, but any achievements on his CV will be tempered by the lack of any opposition in the league.

Celtic fans there saying MM is too defensive and then asking for Rafa Benitez in the next sentence!

It's a bit of a misconception anyway. We've averaged 2.25 goals a game under him. Harris, with the same group of players, averaged 1.25 this season.

Besides, given the absolute state of Celtic's back four this season (especially compared to Rangers'), they could do a lot worse than someone who's "defence first".

The results have been great . I applaud him.

Would I like to see a bit more football ?

Yeah, yes I would . So you can keep " direct" . I want to see football.
    Should Mick take us to the premier league "direct" will get us no where , actually yes it would , back to the championship again.
    Shoot me for having ambition above bouncing up and down to the premier league.
    Why the hell people need this passing football is beyond me. It's bullshit. I'd rather win games

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Well, I for one hope Cardiff keep McCarthy on after the season ends.
    But then, we all said the same thing about Harris, didn't we?
    I certainly didn’t.

Are we finally playing the type of football you have been asking for , for years?
    I wasn’t thinking in terms of City, just that, for me, McCarthy’s record in management is better than Lennon’s.

C’mon now Jim, the football recently has improved no end. Full backs getting into the opposition’s area, scoring late winners, winning pelanties, it’s definitely a step in the perceived modern way direction. Pressing and forcing mistakes such as Mark Harris last Saturday. Harry Wilson’s wonderful finish last week, there’s been some lovely goals scored during this run, skilful, well worked, great to watch. Murphy, Ojo displaying some great touches. Top class defending in the new(ish) system and the goalkeeper cannot be praised enough. What’s not to like?

Mick agent looking for a long term contract ,contacts a news outlet linking his client with Celtic , Cardiff react with a two year deal ?

Celtic then deny any approach.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Mick agent looking for a long term contract ,contacts a news outlet linking his client with Celtic , Cardiff react with a two year deal ?

Celtic then deny any approach.
    Agent looking out for his employee. Good on him.

I think they'll probably end up going for Howe

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    C’mon now Jim, the football recently has improved no end. Full backs getting into the opposition’s area, scoring late winners, winning pelanties, it’s definitely a step in the perceived modern way direction. Pressing and forcing mistakes such as Mark Harris last Saturday. Harry Wilson’s wonderful finish last week, there’s been some lovely goals scored during this run, skilful, well worked, great to watch. Murphy, Ojo displaying some great touches. Top class defending in the new(ish) system and the goalkeeper cannot be praised enough. What’s not to like?
    We do look good up front .

Its not football that would survive in the premier league.

For Cardiff to go forward properly they need to evolve .

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Why the hell people need this passing football is beyond me. It's bullshit. I'd rather win games
    Really ? You dont mind hoof ball as long as we are winning?

Really ?