+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: McCarthy to Celtic.

Re: McCarthy to Celtic.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954;5172039[B
    ]I cant believe that you actually think that last seasons or previous years football was better than this.[/B] You obviously haven't been watching, the last 8 games especially. We have a centre forward who can actually score goals with his head or feet, works hard as well for 90 minutes and will probably get over 20 goals ; we have one of the most gifted midfielders in the division in Wilson who any of the other teams in the division would take immediately ;we have two fleet footed wingers/forwards who are taking people on, scoring goals/providing crosses and assists ; we are playing a high pressing game all over the pitch and we have a hard working midfield and defence who stop the opposition scoring. It is like comparing Prosecco to Champagne. Vaulks didn't say it wasn't pretty to watch - he said no one wanted to play against us and that we were probably horrible to play against. You are perpetuating the hype and media misinformation around the way McCarthy likes his teams to play.
    You're not serious surely.

Is success going up to the Premier League, followed by instant relegation because the team isn’t playing the way it needs to survive?
    The passing game is already embedded in the Championship for some teams and Swansea, Brentford et al have proved that a massive outlay is not a pre-requisite to playing decent football.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Is success going up to the Premier League, followed by instant relegation because the team isn’t playing the way it needs to survive?
    The passing game is already embedded in the Championship for some teams and Swansea, Brentford et al have proved that a massive outlay is not a pre-requisite to playing decent football.
    Warnock has been saying today that fans have to accept that the current Cardiff squad are strongest playing a certain way and then later brags about how he put it together.

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/...ntice-19921924

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Warnock has been saying today that fans have to accept that the current Cardiff squad are strongest playing a certain way and then later brags about how he put it together.

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/...ntice-19921924
    Yes I read that too. He's now taking the credit for Mick getting the job, and for 'taking most of the players there'! Is there no end to the man's ego?

The line up for the last game was Phillips, Ng, Morrison, Flint, Nelson, Bennett, Vaulks, Pack, Murphy, Wilson, Moore.
    So that's 5 of the team, Flint, Nelson, Vaulks, Pack and Murphy that he brought to Cardiff, and he left out Vaulks and Murphy most of the time when he was here last season. And he had Morrison and Flint together while we shipped in goals. Still, let's not let the truth get in the way of a good story!

I really hope we win tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Yes I read that too. He's now taking the credit for Mick getting the job, and for 'taking most of the players there'! Is there no end to the man's ego?

The line up for the last game was Phillips, Ng, Morrison, Flint, Nelson, Bennett, Vaulks, Pack, Murphy, Wilson, Moore.
    So that's 5 of the team, Flint, Nelson, Vaulks, Pack and Murphy that he brought to Cardiff, and he left out Vaulks and Murphy most of the time when he was here last season. And he had Morrison and Flint together while we shipped in goals. Still, let's not let the truth get in the way of a good story!

I hope we stuff them

Remarkable the way people here hate on Sir Neil , arguably our most sucessful ever manager.
    He did huge things for the club.

Warnock will claim all the credit if we do! 😆

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Remarkable the way people here hate on Sir Neil , arguably our most sucessful ever manager.
    Yep all of that bouncing around with joy in that final game when we went home , such short memories, yes his tactics could be called into question ,what was not in doubt was his passion and desire to get us up and we need to recognise, thank and honour the man for that .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yep all of that bouncing around with joy in that final game when we went home , such short memories, yes his tactics could be called into question ,what was not in doubt was his passion and desire to get us up and we need to recognise, thank and honour the man for that .
    "Home"? Are you inferring that our natural "home" is the First Division/Premier League? Anyway, if it was "home", Warnock oversaw us being kicked out of that home for the footballing equivalent of non payment of our mortgage/rent a year later. A far more appropriate title for "Sir" Neil is the Grand Old Duke of York, because he certainly marched us to the top of the hill and then marched us down again while constantly saying we weren't big or brave enough to stay there despite being given plenty of money to spend on improving us - the signs were he hadn't finished with the downward march either when he left. We were a bottom half Championship team when Warnock took over and were the same when he left.

So does Neil by the sounds of it. Always bigging us up and starting to annoy the boro fans on his love for Cardiff.

Meanwhile, back to McCarthy, and his possible move to Celtic. This story seems to have legs, and is popping up all over the internet. I can't see how he could turn it down, unless he was offered a very good deal to stay at Sloper Road.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Meanwhile, back to McCarthy, and his possible move to Celtic. This story seems to have legs, and is popping up all over the internet. I can't see how he could turn it down, unless he was offered a very good deal to stay at SLOPER ROAD
    What’s he going to be on Sloper Road, a car salesman or maybe a Cardiff bus driver ?

Meanwhile, back to McCarthy, and his possible move to Celtic. This story seems to have legs, and is popping up all over the internet. I can't see how he could turn it down, unless he was offered a very good deal to stay at Sloper Road.
    No chance, 55th favourite on the Sack race at 33/1, even behind Malky!

That means nothing, they've just seen the story in WOL, seen our good form and decided it would get them clicks

Steve Clarke was spotted at Parkhead over the weekend , a more likely choice.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Steve Clarke was spotted at Parkhead over the weekend , a more likely choice.
    A couple of months before he leads Scotland to the Euros?

Paul Lambert out of work now, born in Glasgow and has played for Celtic but never managed them. That's where I'd stick my money.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    A couple of months before he leads Scotland to the Euros?

Paul Lambert out of work now, born in Glasgow and has played for Celtic but never managed them. That's where I'd stick my money.
    you’d be out of pocket.........

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...ayers-23587958

Enzo Marcasa? a firm favourite or Marsch the USA manager

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

I can't see someone walking out in Rb saltzburg who dominate the Austrian league, and have had some good European campaigns recently, and where there's a good chance that you could get shifted up.to r b Leipzig when someone comes in for nagelsmann.
    well this exact thing happened

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Agree. Whats the point of trying to play like Barcelona or Brazil every week if you lose every game and get relegated ? The stadium would soon be empty and people would be queuing up on here to request the manager be sacked.
    Meanwhile, the top 6 is dominated by teams that play a bit of football. No one has suggested we try to be Barcelona or Brazil. Even ****ing Barnsley are better than us.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Meanwhile, the top 6 is dominated by teams that play a bit of football. No one has suggested we try to be Barcelona or Brazil. Even ****ing Barnsley are better than us.
    Weren't Rooney and Derby trying a new "brand" of football?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    well this exact thing happened
    quote-replying to your own comment from months back.....cool bro.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Think you are exagerating here. Most people don't hate Warnock and and are grateful for the promotion season and the not terrible one in the Premier. But he lost the plot in his final season made some poor signings for too much money and had generally lost the plot and people wil not shrink from pointing that out.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Weren't Rooney and Derby trying a new "brand" of football?
    I have no idea. But I wouldn't expect anything Wayne Rooney tries (unless it's with his feet) to work out anyway.