+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Trialist

Trialist

Anyone know who the trialist is who has been playing in the U23 and U18 teams over the last month?

He's been playing centre back and looks strong and composed. He appears to be very popular with the other players.

Not sure how old he is but if he's a youngster I would think he's done well enough to earn a contract.

Re: Trialist

A bloody big unit thats for sure.

It’s not even certain if the trialist who played against the wurzels was the same one we saw against Millwall a week earlier- City have made a much better job of keeping the players concerned names a secret than they have done in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It’s not even certain if the trialist who played against the wurzels was the same one we saw against Millwall a week earlier- City have made a much better job of keeping the players concerned names a secret than they have done in the past.
    yeah looking at the highlights of both games, I'm not convinced it's the same player (although you only catch a couple of glimpses of him, so I could be wrong).

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    yeah looking at the highlights of both games, I'm not convinced it's the same player (although you only catch a couple of glimpses of him, so I could be wrong).
    Oh that's interesting. I assumed it was the same guy but with a different hair style but I could be wrong.

TOBWs observation is right, the club are good at keeping things like this under wraps.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Bob, not being in the know, what difference does it make whether a trialist is named or not ? Have we got a track record for having young players poached by other clubs before they sign on the dotted line for us ?

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Bob, not being in the know, what difference does it make whether a trialist is named or not ? Have we got a track record for having young players poached by other clubs before they sign on the dotted line for us ?
    I'm completely guessing - but it could well be stipulated by the club that the trialist has come from.
    they might not want it to be known that some of their younger players are being touted around to other clubs

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Nobody names trialists, it must be a rule. It's a bit different at the minute with COVID but I doubt it made too much difference in the past as anyone could watch the game anyway and you know what shirt number he's got! If a scout was there and a trialist had a good game, he'd be easily lured away.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Nobody names trialists, it must be a rule. It's a bit different at the minute with COVID but I doubt it made too much difference in the past as anyone could watch the game anyway and you know what shirt number he's got! If a scout was there and a trialist had a good game, he'd be easily lured away.
    I watched the U23's fairly regularly for a couple of seasons and although the team on social media used to say 'trialist' their name would often be on the team sheets issued by the club at the actual games.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Anyone know who the trialist is who has been playing in the U23 and U18 teams over the last month?

He's been playing centre back and looks strong and composed. He appears to be very popular with the other players.

Not sure how old he is but if he's a youngster I would think he's done well enough to earn a contract.
    Maybe Lee Tomlin ate him ? ? ?

Whatever happened to A.N.Other? Has he signed for someone else?

The only player that sticks out is that well rounded over age chap in midfield, looks like he's eaten a lot of pies ,whilst trying to keep fit 😳