+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Has Tomlin a place in a MM side?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Has Tomlin a place in a MM side?

He slimmed down massively for last season. What sort of professional footballer allows himself to regain so much weight previously shed due to hard work on his part in a space of 5 months or so? This is a massive pity for him and the City. He looked at least 1.5 stone too heavy to me playing for the under 23s.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    He slimmed down massively for last season. What sort of professional footballer allows himself to regain so much weight previously shed due to hard work on his part in a space of 5 months or so? This is a massive pity for him and the City. He looked at least 1.5 stone too heavy to me playing for the under 23s.
    I've been reliably informed that his hip/groin issue is an issue which won't go away, despite having treatment and an op. He'll be a 20 minute cameo player at best,one he's lost weight and wins the manager's trust. He is both a talisman and a liability in equal measure, which is so frustrating. I was told this ages ago and posted it on here. He's, apparently, not a great influence in the changing room either 🤦*♂️
    Last edited by tomcat; 26-02-21 at 16:33. Reason: Additional info

International

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    If he had truly professional standards he wouldn't have had to slim down massively for last season, he'd have already been there. I don't understand why people cannot see that all the sudden fitness and the agent's talk of him 'having had problems' and 'being in a better place' were directly focused on him getting a new contract. The idiots gave it to him so now he is fat again. Surprise surprise!!

He had no interest in being a proper professional, if he had he would have played at the highest level, but he doesn't.

I do see him playing this season coming off the bench, but only if we are losing the game and pressurising the opposition who are defending for their lives because they are protecting their lead.

He is able to thread a pass through the eye of a needle and he is a danger at free kicks around the opposition box.
    However, the way MM is setting up, i.e. with the high press and everybody taking their turn to close down the ball when we don't have it, it would be like playing with ten men.

From the pictures posted above, I couldn't even see him being able to get back onside when our attack breaks down let alone track back with a breaking opposition player.

Shocking photos but unsurprising.