Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
I can't see why it is unfair to say it now. look at the stats. Yes I agree it was me who said it was all about getting a new contract and nothing he has done since has indicated anything different to me.
I hear so many people saying "He fired us into the playoffs". We lost them. So we were really no better off than if we hadn't got there, although for us supporters it was a good ride. He is as fat and lazy now as he was when we sent him out on loan because he was useless. His refusal to move closer so he could train with the team properly doesn't exactly smack of a totally committed member of the squad does it?
He flatters to deceive. Look at what he has cost and the return for it. I think its a no-brainer.
I agree that there is record of him playing better in contract years before but can't recall anyone saying he was also fitter in those years to point he was chasing back to help defend. That 6 months was enough for me to give him benefit of doubt, especially as he'd probably still be that player if hadn't gotten injured trying to turn around second leg, rather than saying his good behaviour then was all about that new contract.

His behaviour since injury might be questioned again (photos don't look great) but I'm saying him getting fitter was genuine effort to make best of his last year's regardless of it being a contract year.