+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Has Tomlin a place in a MM side?

Re: Has Tomlin a place in a MM side?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I can't see why it is unfair to say it now. look at the stats. Yes I agree it was me who said it was all about getting a new contract and nothing he has done since has indicated anything different to me.
    I hear so many people saying "He fired us into the playoffs". We lost them. So we were really no better off than if we hadn't got there, although for us supporters it was a good ride. He is as fat and lazy now as he was when we sent him out on loan because he was useless. His refusal to move closer so he could train with the team properly doesn't exactly smack of a totally committed member of the squad does it?
    He flatters to deceive. Look at what he has cost and the return for it. I think its a no-brainer.
    I agree that there is record of him playing better in contract years before but can't recall anyone saying he was also fitter in those years to point he was chasing back to help defend. That 6 months was enough for me to give him benefit of doubt, especially as he'd probably still be that player if hadn't gotten injured trying to turn around second leg, rather than saying his good behaviour then was all about that new contract.

His behaviour since injury might be questioned again (photos don't look great) but I'm saying him getting fitter was genuine effort to make best of his last year's regardless of it being a contract year.

International

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I agree that there is record of him playing better in contract years before but can't recall anyone saying he was also fitter in those years to point he was chasing back to help defend. That 6 months was enough for me to give him benefit of doubt, especially as he'd probably still be that player if hadn't gotten injured trying to turn around second leg, rather than saying his good behaviour then was all about that new contract.

His behaviour since injury might be questioned again (photos don't look great) but I'm saying him getting fitter was genuine effort to make best of his last year's regardless of it being a contract year.
    I admire your faith, but I'm very doubtful personally. It is all too pat for me that the two things just happened to coincide.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Thats not 5 stone overweight ff sake

If he loses a stone he will be fine

Class player to bring on when we are cruising to break teams down further as they chase the game
    The reason he gained 20lbs or whatever is because he is not, and never will be "fine".

3 games a week until the end of the season.We need all hands on deck

International

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    3 games a week until the end of the season.We need all hands on deck
    Since when did we play 3 games a week, week in week out? don't over egg the omelette.

International

Before anyone shouts, i just looked elsewhere and the figures I quoted may be slightly out but not enough to anywhere near justify his cost.

He can change games, we know he can, but he is a luxury player

But them pictures are just a joke Yes he has been injured and unable to train, but that doesnt mean he needs to eat so badly and pile on them Lbs, he is a professional footballer getting paid £ 25 K ( ? ?? ? ) per week, it wouldnt be too much to ask him to stay in shape for when his injury is better

when he had that good pre-season and got into shape and was lean and fit i thought he had sorted his life out and was taking his job seriously, this just shows he hasnt

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    He can change games, we know he can, but he is a luxury player

But them pictures are just a joke Yes he has been injured and unable to train, but that doesnt mean he needs to eat so badly and pile on them Lbs, he is a professional footballer getting paid £ 25 K ( ? ?? ? ) per week, it wouldnt be too much to ask him to stay in shape for when his injury is better

when he had that good pre-season and got into shape and was lean and fit i thought he had sorted his life out and was taking his job seriously, this just shows he hasnt
    He's a disgrace, putting on that much weight shows a total disregard for your team/employer and he's certainly an example to the younger players as to how not to behave. I mentioned previously his hip issue, he just needs to retire.

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    He's a disgrace, putting on that much weight shows a total disregard for your team/employer and he's certainly an example to the younger players as to how not to behave. I mentioned previously his hip issue, he just needs to retire.
    agreed it is a very good example on how younger players shouldnt be, putting on that weight is just embarrassing

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I love to watch him play but the reality is that he's a luxury item rather than a fully functioning part of the machine and I'm beginning to realise that Harry Wilson is a bit like that too.
    If we want to progress properly then we need to be able to accommodate one or two players like that because they're match winners and fantastic to watch, but whether we can afford them at this stage in the rough and tumble of the second league is debatable.
    Wilson puts in a shift defensively as well as going forward, we're noticeably worse at pretty much every aspect of the game when he & Murphy go off

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Thats not 5 stone overweight ff sake

If he loses a stone he will be fine

Class player to bring on when we are cruising to break teams down further as they chase the game
    He's a professional athlete, those pictures are a disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He's a professional athlete, those pictures are a disgrace.
    This. No excuses.

I can't understand how he can still be getting paid when he shows up to work looking like that. I have no respect for him.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    This. No excuses.

I can't understand how he can still be getting paid when he shows up to work looking like that. I have no respect for him.
    He is obviously not capable of fulfilling his obligations in respect of his playing contract.