+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: There was 30 mins last Wednesday night.....

There was 30 mins last Wednesday night.....

When most of the teams in the Premier league would have struggled against us.
    Do you agree/disagree?

Re: There was 30 mins last Wednesday night.....

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Do you agree/disagree?
    Disagree! 🤦*♂️

I feel like we could be getting a bit carried away with this run. you know what the championship is like, we could just as easily lose then next 6

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I feel like we could be getting a bit carried away with this run. you know what the championship is like, we could just as easily lose then next 6
    I think so too, and probably due to the absolute dross that preceded, it for so many months.

Long may it last though! 👍

Maybe Sheffield United, on an off day

We had Bournemouth on the ropes, a 100million team, expected to go straight back up. I saw the same thing v Luton and Preston. Both teams were 'gone' for a time during the match.
    Trying not to get carried away, I realise we cant keep up this intensity indefinitely, but it's been bloody good following the mighty bluebirds lately.
    Even if it ends tomorrow. 😥

Do you agree/disagree?
    Was this 30 minutes during the game or 30 minutes in your dreams later that night?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Was this 30 minutes during the game or 30 minutes in your dreams later that night?
    Dont spoil it TLG and turn it into a nightmare. 😀

Go on then, given the way that you’ve phrased it I’ll agree with you, the last 25 minutes of the first half were as good as we’ve played in the last season & a half.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Go on then, given the way that you’ve phrased it I’ll agree with you, the last 25 minutes of the first half were as good as we’ve played in the last season & a half.
    Glad someone thought I wasn't talking my usual nonsense.😀

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It couldn't have been as long as 30 minutes into his dreams.

We were on top for 20 minutes of that game where we should have scored three.

Other than that we were second best.

But I'll take a lucky win over an unlucky loss any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post

I certainly don’t think we were lucky.
    We defended stoutly at times for sure.
    The first 10 minutes of the game were more worrying to me than the last 10 minutes.

The team deserves the plaudits they have been given.
    To compare and contrast to the PL teams though is just daft.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    I certainly don’t think we were lucky.
    We defended stoutly at times for sure.
    The first 10 minutes of the game were more worrying to me than the last 10 minutes.

The team deserves the plaudits they have been given.
    To compare and contrast to the PL teams though is just daft.
    Might be daft but Bournemouth were a Prem side last season and had retained most of their star players.

It was the best we have played since Leeds Utd at home in the year we got promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post

I thought we were pretty comfortable, had Pack not given the ball away cheaply and the ball not bounced fortuitously for Long they wouldn't have scored

Do you agree/disagree?
    Wouldn't say it stretched to thirty minutes or that most Premier League sides would have struggled, but a few of them would have. The test would have come during the second half because we did nothing in attack during that time at Bournemouth - could we have held on to any lead against the better and more varied attacking options of a top flight team when the ball kept coming back at us?

Might be daft but Bournemouth were a Prem side last season and had retained most of their star players.
    Really? The truth is that Bournemouth have lost Callum Wilson, Josh King, Nathan Ake, Ryan Fraser, Aaron Ramsdale, Harry Wilson and Dan Gosling from their Premier League team, while Dominic Solanke, David Brooks and Jack Stacey were out injured on Wednesday. They're a pale shadow of the side that was getting relegated from the top flight last season and they now have Jonathan Woodgate as manager as opposed to Eddie Howe.

City have been on a brilliant run since Mick McCarthy took over, but let's try to keep things in perspective. The side currently has a much better shape about it, it's more organised and playing to its strengths, several key players have run into form, the team looks happier and more confident, they've played some ideal opposition during a transitional phase and, crucially, they've been getting the rub of the green - something that didn't happen in a number games towards the end of the Harris era. But let's not pretend Mick's men are suddenly looking Premier League class. They're a distance away from that.

Glad someone thought I wasn't talking my usual nonsense.😀
    I will agree with you as well and for that to happen you know there must be truth in what you said

Maybe if it was a cup game where they had put out a slightly disjointed side and had other fixtures on their mind...

We're doing better but heck of a long way to go yet.

If we faced the current bottom six of the Premier League ten times each while playing at something like the standard we did for a decent portion of the game on Wednesday, I'd back up to beat all of them at least twice, but I'd still believe that all of them would have a winning record over us over the ten matches. We're currently in the top six of the Championship, so we're only talking about just over ten positions here - we're not as far away as some in this thread say, but it'd need a very big rebuild in the summer for us to be anything like competitive in the Premier League over the course of a season.