+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FAW facing a dilemma over Giggs.

FAW facing a dilemma over Giggs.

https://news.sky.com/story/ryan-gigg...sault-12230083

Looks like Page in charge again for the end of March matches, but what happen next - especially if the Euros go ahead?
    Although none of this reflects well on Giggs, it could be that the CPS will decide not to proceed, so sacking him is surely not an option while it's still not clear that he is going to be prosecuted?

Re: FAW facing a dilemma over Giggs.

Wonder why this is dragging on so long? Is he still with same misses? Just a lovers tiff? Pissed up nonsense etc or has he got a problem being covered up by his status? Whichever, surely it needs to get resolved soon not going on and on......

Reflection of Covid’s effect on the courts? Not ideal to say the least before a set of qualifying games then the euros.

I guess the pandemic could be having an impact on whether or not it goes to court, which leaves the FAW in limbo as to what to do.

I think I read that he's been rebailed, so back to the Police Station. He still hasn't been charged, otherwise that bail would be to Court.
    I can't see that the current pandemic would affect the decisions made by CPS as to whether to charge or not.
    If he'd been charged, bailed to court and that date was a long way away then the pandemic argument would make sense.

Starting to think it’s an English conspiracy to mess up our Euro campaign

International

Quote Originally Posted by GL1Blue View Post
    I think I read that he's been rebailed, so back to the Police Station. He still hasn't been charged, otherwise that bail would be to Court.
    I can't see that the current pandemic would affect the decisions made by CPS as to whether to charge or not.
    If he'd been charged, bailed to court and that date was a long way away then the pandemic argument would make sense.
    He was bailed by the court, but probably by remote hearing. He has been charged with 2 counts of assault. One of the is a section 39 apparently and I have never heard of that. common assault is Section 42. It seems Sec39 is from the 88 act whereas the other is from the 1861 act.
    The other is Section 47 which is ABH, not a trivial charge, specially if it were on a woman.

Common assault (section 39, Criminal Justice Act 1988)

International

Quote Originally Posted by GL1Blue View Post
    Common assault (section 39, Criminal Justice Act 1988)
    See above your post!

As I understand it he has not been charged with anything as the file is with the CPS. Currently police bail can only be for a maximum of 28 days so it will expire and he may be re-bailed repeatedly until a CPS decision. He may also be re-interviewed throughout the process until he has been "under arrest" for 24 hours in total.
    I think there is now supposed to be a 6 month limit on the bail process before CPS HAS to make a decision, or apply to court for any further extension for their process. Not sure though as they have tried to change the process over recent years to make it "fairer" on anyone facing any allegations.

Well he has put the FAW in a shit position, as well as the players his staff and the supporters. He should step down from his position while he deals with personal issues, instead of dragging us all down with him, guilty or not.

Is Coleman working atm? I would bring him back in.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Well he has put the FAW in a shit position, as well as the players his staff and the supporters. He should step down from his position while he deals with personal issues, instead of dragging us all down with him, guilty or not.

Is Coleman working atm? I would bring him back in.
    The game Wales play has changed significantly since Coleman left so he's no longer a genuine option.

24th of March to end of 30th of March probably goes a long way to determining whether we've got an international tournament starting in June and six key games in 2021 or whether we've got an international tournament and our next key games are in March 2022. I'd back Page to manage the two key games in March 2021 and that should also give time for chief executive stuff to be sorted out as well as charges against Giggs to either being dropped or not well before June.

If charges against Giggs aren't dropped by mid April then think he needs to step down one way or another.

International

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    The game Wales play has changed significantly since Coleman left so he's no longer a genuine option.

24th of March to end of 30th of March probably goes a long way to determining whether we've got an international tournament starting in June and six key games in 2021 or whether we've got an international tournament and our next key games are in March 2022. I'd back Page to manage the two key games in March 2021 and that should also give time for chief executive stuff to be sorted out as well as charges against Giggs to either being dropped or not well before June.

If charges against Giggs aren't dropped by mid April then think he needs to step down one way or another.
    If he is being remanded for Crown Court he could wait 3 years for a hearing in the present climate. If it is magistrates I can't see why they bailed him again.

Giggs is finished. Whatever the outcome.
    How anyone could even say otherwise is beyond me.
    Keep Page on for start of WC and Euros. Then reassess

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Wonder why this is dragging on so long? Is he still with same misses? Just a lovers tiff? Pissed up nonsense etc or has he got a problem being covered up by his status? Whichever, surely it needs to get resolved soon not going on and on......
    Sorry but hitting a woman in the face should never be labelled as a ‘lovers tiff’

Unless it’s self defence, just sack him regardless of how well he’s done

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Allegedly there weren’t many misses, all hits

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Sorry but hitting a woman in the face should never be labelled as a ‘lovers tiff’

Unless it’s self defence, just sack him regardless of how well he’s done
    Give it to Mick for the Euros