+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wales v England

Wales v England

Anyone think we stand a chance today?

England have been pretty poor but so have we. I'm going for Wales by 5.

Yes I know some of you don't like the egg - please try not to get too upset by the post.

Re: Wales v England

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Anyone think we stand a chance today?

England have been pretty poor but so have we. I'm going for Wales by 5.

Yes I know some of you don't like the egg - please try not to get too upset by the post.
    England are crap at the moment

Indeed considering how many players and clubs they have to choose from , they are a let down full stop

Wales should win this , by 15 I reckon

Bluebirds !

First Team

Too close to call on paper.
    England have been awful so far and Wales have had the rub of the green in their two matches .
    If the England pack rediscover their rolling maul then Wales will struggle. Alternatively, if Wales deal with Youngs/ Farrel hoofing the ball down the pitch then England will be chasing their tails.
    No arguments about the roof mean that it doesn’t feel the same.
    Bookies are giving Wales a 6 point head start. Frankly, I would put a tenner on that.

England's main strength recently has been attacking kicking game and Wales' main weakness recently has been in the kicking game.

Think it will be similar to last 6 Nations game where Wales can score quickly but England will dominate most of the match. A lot will depend on whether the improving Welsh defence can keep England's score low or not.

One question -
    noboozed up fans allowed, so why do they have to play in the biggest stadium in Wales?
    They could easily play at one of the regional grounds, or even Llanrumney playing fields.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    One question -
    noboozed up fans allowed, so why do they have to play in the biggest stadium in Wales?
    They could easily play at one of the regional grounds, or even Llanrumney playing fields.
    Why not though? Why aren’t our games played at Jenner Park?

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Too close to call on paper.
    England have been awful so far and Wales have had the rub of the green in their two matches .
    If the England pack rediscover their rolling maul then Wales will struggle. Alternatively, if Wales deal with Youngs/ Farrel hoofing the ball down the pitch then England will be chasing their tails.
    No arguments about the roof mean that it doesn’t feel the same.
    Bookies are giving Wales a 6 point head start. Frankly, I would put a tenner on that.
    Sadly in this instance I think the bookies are about right. I think they will have too much for us up front unless we get to play 14 men for an hour again

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Why not though? Why aren’t our games played at Jenner Park?
    Exactly, ridiculous point.

Can't really call this one, we've been lucky our first two games. The line-out will need to be working today and it's been weak for ages.

I'll go for a draw 😜

Wales have struggled to win against 14 men in the 2 previous games and if England finish this game with a full complement I think a defeat may be on the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    One question -
    Been pissing down for weeks, council couldn't mark the pitches so park games are off!

If its 15 v 15 we might struggle.
    Hope Wales win obvs.

Blooooobirds!!

I think it will be very very close. Wales by 3

How thoughtful of the RFU to arrange the KO for 4.45pm so as not to clash with the City game.

Strongest team Wales have had fit since the WC. I think we'll nick this one.

Sosban fach!

Hopefully two wins today, Wales and the mighty Bluebirds!

Too close to call. But always pessimistic against their lump of a pack.

I've had one of my occasional bets today. Cardiff/Wales double. If anyone's going to let me down I hope it's Wales.

Wales's lineout needs to improve and the defence needs to be as disciplined as it was against Scotland.
    England have no cohesion at the moment and I think if we can rattle Owen Farrell we'll have a good of winning.
    Wales by 5, and Cardiff by the odd goal.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I've had one of my occasional bets today. Cardiff/Wales double. If anyone's going to let me down I hope it's Wales.
    Shirley that's a gimme

I'll take both scores as they currently stand

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Shirley that's a gimme

I'll take both scores as they currently stand
    $50 down the drain.

Interesting first half, thanks ref

Lovely try from Wales there. Quick thinking akin to Perry Ng and Murphy last week for City

We Wuz Robbed - England Pundits savage referee as appalling for allowing early Wales tries. Christ they “don’t like it up ‘em”.

It will all be about the referee and the TMO official in the Sundays.
    Feckin brilliant 👏 👌

Fairplay, enjoyed that. Steely second half from Wales when it felt the tide could have easily turned.

Got the rub of the green again, but who cares.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Fairplay, enjoyed that. Steely second half from Wales when it felt the tide could have easily turned.

Got the rub of the green again, but who cares.
    I agree. After the last 10 minutes of the first half I was afraid the english would roast us after the break but the team stepped up 100% for the fight. Well done to all of them.