+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gary Lineker

Re: Gary Lineker

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I can't see how the BBC can justify paying anyone that sort of money, just to present a weekly TV show. And as for Zoe Ball, she is completely talentless. But then there are a lot of people like that - Claudia Winkelman is another. Why?
    the BBC justify paying it because that is the going rate for those jobs. if you want that kind of money too then why not become a prime-time TV presenter too, especially if you can be completely talentless and manage it?

personally I would be absolutely terrible at any of their jobs

Isn't it funny how threads turn out.
    Some get really deep and throw up all kinds of unexpected stuff.
    Some you'd think will die a death and end up a ten pager while others you think will spark a fierce debate but ends up in a personal slagging match.

This particular one was started by myself and was just an observation of a phrase that the subject uses very frequently, "in many ways" and not meant as a personal attack (though he does irritate me along with his supercilious cronies).

The other one was the Micah Richards thread. He must have said the word "Incredible" seven or eight times when waxing about Citeh's performance.

Its a funny ol' fred

Mad how people are so obsessed with Gary Linekar’s earnings since the tabloid newspapers told them they should be and have completely let this cloud their opinion of him.

Have you dorks ever considered having an original thought?

That's only his BBC salary. No one knows what he gets paid from his other work with BT Sport and Walkers. What is almost certain is that if the BBC didnt pay him as much as they do, he could earn more elsewhere.

Jeremy Clarkson paid £160 million for The Grand Tour on Amazon Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Gary Lineker - £1.35 million a year apparently
    Bradley Walsh- £11.5 million a year apparently
    The ex footballer who never played a league game is doing alright.

If the salary on ITV is 10 times bigger, you'd think people might have cottoned on that that can only mean that they are each paying more towards it than they are to BBC salaries.

But nope, that penny is still to drop.

Bradley Walsh hasn't called out the rightwing media on twitter so the proles reading the sun haven't been told to hate him yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Bradley Walsh hasn't called out the rightwing media on twitter so the proles reading the sun haven't been told to hate him yet.
    Also the sun and the mail would very much like to have the budget for the BBC slashed

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Also the sun and the mail would very much like to have the budget for the BBC slashed
    Yep hence all the fuss about the license fee for over 75s even though that wasn't a bbc decision.

Again the tabloids telling people the license fee is bad is another one all the simpletons have latched onto and made one of their strongest opinions.

Meghan and Harry one of the rising opinions being pushed on everyone now, one of those things no one should really give a shit about but everyone will really care about.

Guy made good.

Do I like him airing his political views? Well that depends on whether I agree with them but in principal I don’t think he should.

Is he overpaid? By the industry standards No.
    is it a lot of money for what he does? Yes. Ditto all the other guys.
    Would it bother me if MOD was presented by somebody less famous earning a 10th of the salary? Not if they could do the job.

What political views has he aired really though? Hasn't it been "don't treat migrants like shit"

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    What political views has he aired really though? Hasn't it been "don't treat migrants like shit"
    LMFAO...good ol' nice guy Gary told all and sundry that we should each put an illegal migrant up our homes, if we had a spare room....

Mr Smarmy was pulled up over this, so Gary put one up in his mansion, for one friggin' week

The gentleman concerned then wrote Mr Insincere and his family a nice letter thanking him for being allowed to stay for that one week. The letter was in perfect English of course.

The guys a complete plank. End of!

Why is a migrant speaking english a surprise, what do you think one of the main reasons they come to the uk is?

Shows the effect the tabloids have in this country where people spin this as a bad thing.

Also the argument that someone should put a migrant in their spare room if they think migrants should be treated like shit is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

It's mad where having the opinion of we should be taking care of migrants because they're fellow human beings is seen as a political statement. This whole country needs to get itss head out of its arse.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    LMFAO...good ol' nice guy Gary told all and sundry that we should each put an illegal migrant up our homes, if we had a spare room....

Mr Smarmy was pulled up over this, so Gary put one up in his mansion, for one friggin' week

The gentleman concerned then wrote Mr Insincere and his family a nice letter thanking him for being allowed to stay for that one week. The letter was in perfect English of course.

The guys a complete plank. End of!
    "Gary told all and sundry that we should each put an illegal migrant up our homes, if we had a spare room"

So much wrong with this sentence.

1. How can he put an "illegal migrant" up? It was a refugee.

2. It was trolls telling him to "put one up" if he cared so much. He never came out and told all and sundry to do anything, he was just critical of the UK Govt's handling of the migrant crisis... which gammon like you get upset about. After the refugee had stayed with him he said that he'd recommend doing it to those who could.

3. Do you still buy the Daily Mail in it's physical format or just visit their website?

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Most BBC presenters earn ridiculous amounts of money for what they do. Take a look at the BBC's own list, it's quite an eye opener.

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/curren...2020-salaries/

Lineker is at the top with Zoe Ball a close second!
    Some fo those people are surprising not paid very well, mostly the journalists. A few stick out for me :

Linekar £1.75m, only one of two over £1m

Shearer !! He can barely speak.

Winkleman - What for?

Zoe Ball , a £1m pay rise!

This lark of having ex footballers on TV, Shearer, Murphy, Jenas, Shearer et al is dumbing down the game. More time is spent on MOTD analysing games than time on the game itself. It was much better years ago when proper journalists were doing it. Brian Moore, David Coleman, Kenneth Wolstenholme, Barry Davies, Tony Gubba and the like.

Jenas is excelent I think

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    "Gary told all and sundry that we should each put an illegal migrant up our homes, if we had a spare room"

2. It was trolls telling him to "put one up" if he cared so much. He never came out and told all and sundry to do anything, he was just critical of the UK Govt's handling of the migrant crisis... which gammon like you get upset about. After the refugee had stayed with him he said that he'd recommend doing it to those who could.

3. Do you still buy the Daily Mail in it's physical format or just visit their website?
    Crazy how no one discussing any other issues gets asked to put someone up in their spare rooms, it only seems to be when we are discussing refugees.

Plenty of homeless ex forces but no one going on about help for heroes ever gets asked to put one up.

Dogwhistle bollocks from right wing rags.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

This is going to turn into an argument on on here and I can't be arsed. Petty arguments on here do my head in, ruining threads. I can assure you though, that I have never ever bought the Daily Fail, nor do I ever intend to

To put some perspective into the discussion, the maximum basic salary for a senior NHS consultant is £110,683 per year. (Source: https://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk/exp...rs/pay-doctors).

To put some perspective into the discussion, the maximum basic salary for a senior NHS consultant is £110,683 per year. (Source: https://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk/exp...rs/pay-doctors).
    But have any senior consultants been England's record goal scorer, played for Spurs, Everton and Barcelona and been a good tv presenter?

Tom Cruise gets 25million per film, I'm not sure how either of these things is relevant

Show business in "paying more than health service" shocker

There's a fair chance that we could do that for every person on this message board; find a more deserving job than theirs which pays less. It's the way the world has always worked, but it only gets wheeled out for certain professions (almost always a footballer of some description, in fact).

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    But have any senior consultants been England's record goal scorer, played for Spurs, Everton and Barcelona and been a good tv presenter?
    I think we both know the answer to that. I would simply ask what real contribution to society does each make? The BBC salaries simply reflect the inverted values society places on "celebrities".

I think we both know the answer to that. I would simply ask what real contribution to society does each make? The BBC salaries simply reflect the inverted values society places on "celebrities".
    So should we cancel all music, art, sport etc and just make people work for the good of society? Maybe also double the salaries for everyone working on the bins.

Or maybe all those in sport, the arts etc also contribute to society.