+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gary Lineker

Re: Gary Lineker

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    So should we cancel all music, art, sport etc and just make people work for the good of society? Maybe also double the salaries for everyone working on the bins.

Or maybe all those in sport, the arts etc also contribute to society.
    I would ask myself how would society function without enough doctors and binmen compared to a world without Gary Lineker, Zoe Ball, Claudia Winkleman and the other highly paid "celebrities" on the BBC payroll?

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I would ask myself how would society function without enough doctors and binmen compared to a world without Gary Lineker, Zoe Ball, Claudia Winkleman and the other highly paid "celebrities" on the BBC payroll?
    Ok what do you think they should be paid?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Ok what do you think they should be paid?
    The average BBC salary is £36K p.a. (The average UK salary is £31K). Let's be generous and pay Lineker double the average BBC salary so £72K. Would you agree that £72K is a pretty good salary for what he actually does? I'm sure someone will come along and tell me that he could earn umpteen more times than that on SKY, then so be it, let him go to SKY; then I wouldn't be paying his salary from my TV licence fee any more and the money saved could be going towards what the BBC does best: news, documentaries, dramas etc.

Is it only these people on the BBC that is the problem?

Or is it a wider problem? If so, I can't think of any other way to resolve it than communism.

The average BBC salary is £36K p.a. (The average UK salary is £31K). Let's be generous and pay Lineker double the average BBC salary so £72K. Would you agree that £72K is a pretty good salary for what he actually does? I'm sure someone will come along and tell me that he could earn umpteen more times than that on SKY, then so be it, let him go to SKY; then I wouldn't be paying his salary from my TV licence fee any more and the money saved could be going towards what the BBC does best: news, documentaries, dramas etc.
    Even if you don't subscribe, you're still paying for sky through the products you buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    "Gary told all and sundry that we should each put an illegal migrant up our homes, if we had a spare room"

So much wrong with this sentence.

1. How can he put an "illegal migrant" up? It was a refugee.

2. It was trolls telling him to "put one up" if he cared so much. He never came out and told all and sundry to do anything, he was just critical of the UK Govt's handling of the migrant crisis... which gammon like you get upset about. After the refugee had stayed with him he said that he'd recommend doing it to those who could.

3. Do you still buy the Daily Mail in it's physical format or just visit their website?
    No small amount of irony in that sentence. Cheap political insults make the world go round, and anyone who has a different opinion to you must therefore read 'The Daily Mail'. By your logic, you must read a combination of The Guardian and I Heart Communist Weekly with a pull out supplement of raunchy Karl Marx posters.

No I don't agree.

There'll be plenty on this board that earn £72k but not one of them could present like he can with his experience of doing it at the highest level.

Why do folk think commercial tv is free? In the long run I’d imagine it costs more than the set figure of the tv licence. TV advertising certainly isn’t cheap, Snoop Dog allegedly received £5.3 million for his Just Eat adverts, I don’t reckon all the local chippies kept their prices the same and chipped in out of their own pockets. A chunk of your vehicle insurance premiums will be going towards paying those f*cking meerkats. Nothing’s free and ITV, Sky, BT aren’t using their own money, it’s money that we’re all chipping in to and not an insignificant amount.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Blue View Post
    No small amount of irony in that sentence. Cheap political insults make the world go round, and anyone who has a different opinion to you must therefore read 'The Daily Mail'. By your logic, you must read a combination of The Guardian and I Heart Communist Weekly with a pull out supplement of raunchy Karl Marx posters.
    Hi Tokyo Blue,

Yep, the grammar is appalling but it makes sense, so I'm fine with that... Unless you're going to mark me down for my English Lit GCSE?

Why do you mention "opinions" in your post? I was arguing how factually wrong the other poster was.

If he just said that he thinks Gary Lineker is a c**t then I wouldn't have bothered replying to him as I couldn't give a f**k what his opinion of a TV presenter is.

Regurgitating the hateful, totally false shit from the right-wing rags in the UK deserves to be challenged though.

Also, I couldn't care less about "cheap political insults".

My Karl Marx posters have had so much wear and tear, I can't begin to describe how much of a beating they take.

Anything else I can help you with today, you prick?

if you pay a presenter of a tv show watched by millions £72k, then anyone who was any good would leave almost straight away for more money elsewhere.
    Even youtubers that are watched as much as that make more than that probably.

He's very good at his job.
    I really don't want to watch MOTD with a £72k main presenter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    if you pay a presenter of a tv show watched by millions £72k, then anyone who was any good would leave almost straight away for more money elsewhere.
    Even youtubers that are watched as much as that make more than that probably.

He's very good at his job.
    I really don't want to watch MOTD with a £72k main presenter.
    But he talks about immigrants and it makes me uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    But he talks about immigrants and it makes me uncomfortable.
    I see your point now.
    because he has pointed it out that we should treat immigrants like people it actually means he's bad at being a football presenter and should earn less than the other presenters.

I understand now