Re: CARDIFF CITY v DERBY COUNTY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Tuesday March 2nd, ko 7:00pm

Live on Sky Sports Red Button

Match Officials:

Referee: DEAN WHITESTONE
    Assistants: Matthew McGrath and Mark Pottage
    Fourth Official : Daniel Lamport

Mr Whitestone reffed our 3-0 home win against Barnsley and our 2-3 home loss to Brentford, this season.

Maybe time to make a few changes and rest a few players for this one. Bacuna and Ralls for Pack and Vaulks, maybe Ojo starts instead of Murphy. I would like to see Moore rested and maybe brought on for last 20 mins if needed against tiring defenders but who would replace him. I don’t think Harris is strong enough to play that lone role, maybe Hoilett could do a job up front? His touch is good though he doesn’t have the aerial presence , can’t see any other real option though

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Maybe time to make a few changes and rest a few players for this one. Bacuna and Ralls for Pack and Vaulks, maybe Ojo starts instead of Murphy. I would like to see Moore rested and maybe brought on for last 20 mins if needed against tiring defenders but who would replace him. I don’t think Harris is strong enough to play that lone role, maybe Hoilett could do a job up front? His touch is good though he doesn’t have the aerial presence , can’t see any other real option though

Why don't you change the goalie and full backs whilst you're at it, oh and the lady who makes the tea should be changed as well, as she's been in for every home game.

Big game for Sir Mick especially after his duel with Sir Neil .

Team maybe tiring.

Williams surely has to come in perhaps with a refreshed Ralls , I think Don Corleone makes sensible points .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Big game for Sir Mick especially after his duel with Sir Neil .

Team maybe tiring.

Williams surely has to come in perhaps with a refreshed Ralls , I think Don Corleone makes sensible points .
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Why don't you change the goalie and full backs whilst you're at it, oh and the lady who makes the tea should be changed as well, as she's been in for every home game.
    Why would you change the goalie and full backs? Oh, you’re being facetious - thanks for that contribution.

So just keep the same side for every game then is it? I didn’t suggest changing any of the back 5 or keeper but the pressing game being done by the front 5 needs energy and that was visibly waning on Saturday and also in the last 20 minutes against Bournemouth.

Obviously you don’t change all 5 in one go ( I didn’t suggest that) but we have a squad for a reason and we need rotation at some point if we want to keep an effective press

Why would you change the goalie and full backs? Oh, you’re being facetious - thanks for that contribution.

So just keep the same side for every game then is it? I didn’t suggest changing any of the back 5 or keeper but the pressing game being done by the front 5 needs energy and that was visibly waning on Saturday and also in the last 20 minutes against Bournemouth.

Obviously you don’t change all 5 in one go ( I didn’t suggest that) but we have a squad for a reason and we need rotation at some point if we want to keep an effective press
    I wonder if at least one of the full backs might be changed as the pair of them have had a hell of a few weeks. Midfield as well and up top. Perhaps 2or 3 changes to freshen up a jaded team against a Derby side playing much better now.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Bluetit in 'not funny or witty but thinks he is' shocker... again

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Bluetit in 'not funny or witty but thinks he is' shocker... again

Made you reply though

Can't see him resting Moore unless we are 4 up!

Ojo will come in - possibly Ralls for Pack

Can't see him making more than 2 changes

Wilson & Murphy shouldn't need a rest considering Mick keeps taking them off early. The 2 behind them need a break though

3-0 City - Back to business.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    3-0 City - Back to business.
    Kiss of death!!!!!!

Tomlin has posted a photo on Instagram of him playing. He hasn't done that since October, wonder if he's in the squad after not playing for the u23s yesterday.

It would be interesting to see Wilson play in Murphy's role and Jonny coming into Wilson's spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Tomlin has posted a photo on Instagram of him playing. He hasn't done that since October, wonder if he's in the squad after not playing for the u23s yesterday.
    Must be. Mind you I'm a bit surprised after MM implying he wasn't fit enough yet.

on paper 3-0, on the pitch 1-2

Match facts

• Cardiff are looking to win back-to-back Championship home games over Derby for the first time since winning four in a row from April 2009 to April 2012.
    • Derby have only won one of their last six Championship meetings with Cardiff (D3 L2), winning 3-1 in April 2018 under Gary Rowett.
    • Cardiff will be looking to go 10 Championship games without defeat for the first time since April 2018 under Neil Warnock (a run of 13), in their last promotion-winning campaign.
    • Since losing consecutive Championship games at the start of January, Derby have only lost two of their last nine games in the competition (W6 D1).
    • Cardiff manager Mick McCarthy has lost each of his last four home league matches against Derby County, each with Ipswich from January 2015 to December 2017.

Vaulks & Pack clearly knackered so he drops the 2 he always takes off? Strange, looks like it'll be a slog

Two changes Ojo and Bacuna in for Murphy and Wilson who are both on the bench.

Ojo and Bacuna in for Wilson and Murphy.

Tomlin not in the squad, Colwill on the bench.

Selected team is not what I'd have picked

There's a lot of substitute firepower on the bench.

Tomlin was just teasing then with his tweet photo?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    There's a lot of substitute firepower on the bench.

Tomlin was just teasing then with his tweet photo?
    Can they create or score whilst sat on the bench these days. ?