+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: M4 New permanent 50mph form 15th (Be Careful Out There )

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: M4 New permanent 50mph form 15th (Be Careful Out There )

The money being generated from the Cardiff bus lanes is eye watering,
    The three bus lanes in Cardiff where drivers have been fined for travelling through the most have been revealed.

The data has been obtained by Confused.com after they issued a freedom of information (FOI) request for data into bus lane fines across the UK.

The locations of the top three bus lanes which issued the most bus lane Penalty Charge Notices (PCNs) in the city in 2019 were Kingsway outside the Hilton hotel which generated £383,616.40, followed by North Road City Centre with £344,367.41 then Custom House Street (Eastbound) with £324,733.

The insurance firm state that Cardiff has 20 "always on" bus lane cameras which dished out 88,598 PCNs in 2018 and 75,927 in 2019.

However, the council faced a whopping 11,865 appeals in 2018 and 11,399 appeals in 2019.One of which was mine a successful appeal at the Hilton hotel bus lane.My argument was poor signage[thanks to advice of the forum] and the fact I realised I was entering a bus lane and there was no escape as there was a taxi and bus behind

Re: M4 New permanent 50mph form 15th (Be Careful Out There )

The ones on North rd and Kingsway, what a great welcome to Cardiff they are