+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M4 New permanent 50mph form 15th (Be Careful Out There )

International

Re: M4 New permanent 50mph form 15th (Be Careful Out There )

For the last 4 days all the traffic restriction lights on this stretch of the M4 have been turned off, reverting to the normal 70MPH limit. The traffic has been flowing perfectly normally and traffic has been slowing to a reasonable speed in places where it is obviously safer to do so without the need for being told to do so, but just using common sense and teh drivers own observations of the traffic.
    But I seriously doubt anyone in authority will acknowledge the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I think that what they are doing on that stretch of motorway tells the lie about doing it to reduce congestion at the tunnels.
    On the J27 off ramp going east they have a camera. That is clearly not to alleviate congestion on the tunnels. Nor is it the last check of a time and distance set up as it is the first camera in the section.

The speed camera zone stretches from J24 to J28 going west and J27 to J24 going east. If the intent in to ease flow through the tunnel there should be no need for cameras or a lesser limit between the tunnel and Junction 28 going west or the tunnel and J24 going east as the tunnels are behind the motorist. Their only purpose must be to milk more money from the motorist and is another example of the Welsh Government's anti-vehicle bias.
    If they have a bias, I hope they shift one the metro pretty quick. All good conurbations have them in the uk. We are so behind on investment here. I don’t blame WG for that.

The ones on North rd and Kingsway, what a great welcome to Cardiff they are