+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Where have all of the old fashioned Debt Collectors gone?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Where have all of the old fashioned Debt Collectors gone?

My Mrs and I are both in our late 70s. A guy who I thought was a friend had some high end furniture from us and paid a small amount and I trusted him for the rest (My Mistake) This was 3 years ago, he is in his 30s just bought a new BMW and it is hurting a little. If I was 20 years younger I would have sorted it out but unfortunately I have had too many Birthdays now. Cant walk too good either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad as a fish View Post
    My Mrs and I are both in our late 70s. A guy who I thought was a friend had some high end furniture from us and paid a small amount and I trusted him for the rest (My Mistake) This was 3 years ago, he is in his 30s just bought a new BMW and it is hurting a little. If I was 20 years younger I would have sorted it out but unfortunately I have had too many Birthdays now. Cant walk too good either.
    If you have documentation - or emails, texts, etc , then I'd use Moneyclaim online - it's the old small claims court. Wouldn't cost you much and in all probability he wouldn't respond. You can then get judgment and get the bailiffs in !

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    If you have documentation - or emails, texts, etc , then I'd use Moneyclaim online - it's the old small claims court. Wouldn't cost you much and in all probability he wouldn't respond. You can then get judgment and get the bailiffs in !
    Thanks Monkfish, The sum is £1000 as he was a friend all I have is a few texts of him saying he will pay me next week etc,ya de ya de ya. The money isnt as important as teaching the arsehole a lesson shame Im so old!

Quote Originally Posted by Mad as a fish View Post
    Thanks Monkfish, The sum is £1000 as he was a friend all I have is a few texts of him saying he will pay me next week etc,ya de ya de ya. The money isnt as important as teaching the arsehole a lesson shame Im so old!
    It'll cost you £60 https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claim

You may feel 100% better when you've done it. Just do the forms online, sit back, and enjoy !!