I love it but appreciate my personality helps, I like and am happy getting my head down with work and not get distracted. Appreciate it won’t be the same for everyone, but I’ve definitely found it more productive and efficient. I make an effort to stay in contact with the team with video calls and also have quick catch ups with colleagues in other teams to touch base. So save for my social life being restricted anyway, I don’t really feel the same about the social element of the working environment. I really don’t miss it - I like my work colleagues, but I miss seeing my friends and family not the office.

I don’t foresee having to go back en mass to the office and we will be offered a high degree of flexibility in the future. The thought of returning to a commute regularly seems obscene and wasteful now we’ve had a year’s pilot of this way of working. Someone mentioned above but until the winter wave of Covid sickness levels were at a record low, along with restrictions on contact I’m sure not having to schlep yourself into the office has contributed to that.