Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
Will it work long term?
I love it when I need it, hate it when I'm forced into it.

I love my office. Love it. West end of London, loads of people about having a nice time. Loads of space to work, I can easily check who on my team is over worked, bored, upset etc. There are hundreds of people I know there who I can quickly consult, beg a favour of, have a chat with to break up the day, go for a sneaky pint after work etc. It's bloody excellent.

I love working at home too. Save 2 hours a day commute; get to pick my son up from nursery and do dinner with the family, can concentrate without being disturbed (generally). Pre lockdown, I loved my work from home days.

But I'd give anything to go back to 4 days from the office and a day from home right now. The lack of work/life separation is becoming desperate in my line of work. One of my managers did 87 hours last week. That is mental. And I didn't know until this morning. Had we been in the office it would have been so much easier to spot and deal with it. And personally I struggle to get.motivated now, and my 3 year old is constantly upset that I can't play with him during the day. Im done with it.

If you want to get work done, then offices are great places to do it. They are specifically designed for the purpose ffs. I can't wait to get back.