+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Perry Ng

Re: Perry Ng

NG looks very confident and assured for someone completely new to Championship football, he can only get better and could be our right back for many years to come, looks an excellent signing

On of our best players last night, again.

Superb addition to the club. I think him and Bagan will make the RB and LB positions their own for some years to come. Our whole defensive shape and performances have been praiseworthy sine MM and TC got hold of the team. Ng (a Harris signing)has certainly contributed to it.
    As the OP states, he does the basics very well.
    Spesdger

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    On of our best players last night, again.

Outstanding to still have the energy to win the ball just outside their box in injury time and create goal number 4

More importantly at £1 a letter on the back of the shirt I'll take Ng over Theophile-Catherine all day!!

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    Outstanding to still have the energy to win the ball just outside their box in injury time and create goal number 4

More importantly at £1 a letter on the back of the shirt I'll take Ng over Theophile-Catherine all day!!
    Both great points

Quote Originally Posted by Natman Blue View Post
    I think he has shades of McNaughton and Delaney in there. Can see him playing at a higher level in the near future
    Super Kev never played at a higher level, if we’d been offered £1m he’d have gone! Perhaps you mean Delaney and Gunter who both played in the Premier League?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Super Kev never played at a higher level, if we’d been offered £1m he’d have gone! Perhaps you mean Delaney and Gunter who both played in the Premier League?
    keV did play in the premier League for us, but wasn't very good

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    What I meant was similarities in style. It's the solid defensive work of McNaughton with the attacking marauding attacking of Delaney, best of both shall we say. Really think he could go places

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Superb addition to the club. I think him and Bagan will make the RB and LB positions their own for some years to come. Our whole defensive shape and performances have been praiseworthy sine MM and TC got hold of the team. Ng (a Harris signing)has certainly contributed to it.
    As the OP states, he does the basics very well.
    Spesdger
    There’s a suggestion that Harris didn’t buy Ng

Ng had no obligation whatsoever to make that last minute tackle which lead to Vaulks goal. 3-0 up deep into injury time and he’s busting a gut to get the ball back high up the field. So impressed with every aspect of his game. Top signing and an absolute bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by 198bore View Post
    Ng had no obligation whatsoever to make that last minute tackle which lead to Vaulks goal. 3-0 up deep into injury time and he’s busting a gut to get the ball back high up the field. So impressed with every aspect of his game. Top signing and an absolute bargain.
    I've watched that goal a dozen times. Ng deserves man of the match just for that tackle, as you say, right of the end of a game that was already won.
    Early days, I know, but Ng looks a premier league player.

with the unfortunate injury that has happened to Joe Bennett, perhaps we should have picked up Charlton's other fullback as well - Harry Pickering who probably has a bit of improving to do defensively, but looks very good going forward. is only 22 and signed for Blackburn for 600kish

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    with the unfortunate injury that has happened to Joe Bennett, perhaps we should have picked up Charlton's other fullback as well - Harry Pickering who probably has a bit of improving to do defensively, but looks very good going forward. is only 22 and signed for Blackburn for 600kish
    It was Crewe👍, but I had a similar thought

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    It was Crewe��, but I had a similar thought
    sorry yes Crewe, those two have always occupied the same spot in my mind for some reason

keV did play in the premier League for us, but wasn't very good
    He was beyond his prime at that point

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He was beyond his prime at that point
    he was 31 so yes (although that's the same age as Joe Bennett now).
    even at his peak I don't think he was a potential premier League player. very popular with the fans, but not enough quality on the ball to make the step up.

he was 31 so yes (although that's the same age as Joe Bennett now).
    even at his peak I don't think he was a potential premier League player. very popular with the fans, but not enough quality on the ball to make the step up.
    Different players though, McNaughton had already played 400 league games by the time we reached the Premier League, his decline afterward shows that may have caught up with him.

I don't know what you're all on about. Kev was world class and only stayed with us because he was LOYAL.

Short memories...

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Different players though, McNaughton had already played 400 league games by the time we reached the Premier League, his decline afterward shows that may have caught up with him.
    he was never that great. most overrated player in CCMB history

McNaughton was ok but he was a harem scarem type footballer, not many games went by without him going down injured trying to recover a situation he’d put himself in through poor positioning or miscontrol. He did work hard for the team but, in my opinion, after admittedly only seeing Ng play in his few games for us he is a much better footballer than McNaughton, one we’ll do very well to hold on to.

Why is he suddenly out of favour? Sang has done a decent job filling in, but Ng was looking like a quality player.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Why is he suddenly out of favour? Sang has done a decent job filling in, but Ng was looking like a quality player.
    I think Ng and Sang both deserve a start.

I would have staredt both of them, we had players out there who showed today that they either aren't up to the job or are squad players at best
    Our CM is none existent with Pack and Vaulks not able to stamp there authority on the game. and up front we were piss poor
    For what it's worth I hope we move, Brown Vaulks Pack, William's on next season
    Wilson and Ojo will be gone along with Hoilett Tomlin and Vassel hopefully
    A big clear out is needed if were going to be challenging for a top six spot

NG in the back three would have made sense. Flint and Brown for me need to be moved on.

he was never that great. most overrated player in CCMB history
    Loved as dived into silly challenges under the guise of giving all

Loved McNaughton but he really wasn’t all thay