+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Perry Ng

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Perry Ng

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'd disagree slightly to the extent that we had a very solid right back for years in Lee Peltier, but he was very much a defender and you couldn't imagine him popping up in some pf the positions Ng has done in what are only a few games so far (I'm fairly confident that Ng will have scored his first goal for us by the end of the season if he keeps on playing as a wing back). Based on what we've seen so far, it's a surprise to me that no one signed Ng before us - especially when you consider that he had played virtually all of his career in League Two before this season.
    It's been over a year since Peltier left the club though, and it seems like we struggled in that position for the best part of that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It's been over a year since Peltier left the club though, and it seems like we struggled in that position for the best part of that time.
    What did you think of Sanderson, who I see is playing centreback for Sunderland currently?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What did you think of Sanderson, who I see is playing centreback for Sunderland currently?
    Oh yes, forgot about him. I liked him initially, he was one of those fullbacks who was obviously a wide player at one point. He showed up, didn't hide and looked quite comfortable on the ball, although like so many "Modern" fullbacks, they seem to struggle badly at times when they get turned and are facing their own goal. Ampadu is a disaster for it. I thought that he did ok, got some stick for ball watching and allowing a player to get in front on a cross if memory serves? Ng seems more rounded. I agree with the other reply, pace could be a problem for him, although he's bright, alert, puts himself in good positions in my opinion.