A very stable player, obvious signs that he has been coached well, makes good decisions and puts himself in good positions that doesn't leave himself vulnerable or isolated. A decent touch and pretty comfortable in possession. Gets forward at the correct times and has awareness of what is going on around him. He's slotted in brilliantly, although i'd say that both fullbacks have been helped by the addition of an extra central defender, which helps in not leaving fullbacks vulnerable to those 1 on 1 situations with the extra man shifting over to help them. A case in point is Bennett who could get caught out of position when the play was turned and he was chasing back, so credit to Mick.

I like NG, does the basics very well, but isn't it an indictment towards the club that for so long we didn't have a player in that position who could concentrate for 90 minutes, carry out the basics, use an element of intelligence and know when and when not to play. In short, Perry NG is doing what he is supposed to be doing, it's not spectacular, it's his job, and he's doing it well, although i suppose plenty of us see it as some kind of mini miracle that we have a player who knows his position. Isn't that a reflection on how bad the situation became in that area of the field?