+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Perry Ng

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Perry Ng

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    For me Connoly, Peltier and KTC were all good right backs.

NG has pretty much only played rwb and done pretty well although thought he made a few mistakes in one first half game recently. It's also been noted that Morrison had seemed to be exposed more than Flint and Nelson recently which suggests maybe he his defending has contributed to that as there is no doubt Morrison is our best centre back. I've not reviewed enough to be sure.

What I would say is having 3 centre backs certainly helps, it would seem that bacuna would have been a lot better playing in a back 5.
    You are seeing something totally different to me. NG is one of the main reasons that we have gone 9 games unbeaten. He can defend, attack, read the game, pass the ball and is good in possession. As a full back or wing back Bacuna was useless - constantly out of position and weak in the tackle for a start. As for Thoephile-Catherine - he (and Declan John) were the two main reasons why we got relegated that year. He was constantly getting caught up field and couldn't tackle to save his life.

Re: Perry Ng

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You are seeing something totally different to me. NG is one of the main reasons that we have gone 9 games unbeaten. He can defend, attack, read the game, pass the ball and is good in possession. As a full back or wing back Bacuna was useless - constantly out of position and weak in the tackle for a start. As for Thoephile-Catherine - he (and Declan John) were the two main reasons why we got relegated that year. He was constantly getting caught up field and couldn't tackle to save his life.
    Agreed...NG’s arrival has been pivotal in our recent success.
    Given us a genuine right sided full back / wing back, and enabled us to play 3-5-2
    We have to keep him fit, and get Tutu back ASAP as cover.