+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Whitts accidental death verdict

Whitts accidental death verdict

Re: Whitts accidental death verdict

RIP Whitts

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    I’ve been wondering how this actually occurred, so bizarre....so unfortunate and sad.

Dreadful, sad and really hard to believe that such a young man could die from such a fall.

I still find it hard to believe he’s gone - a true Cardiff great.

What gets me is watching the "Top 5 goals v...." Whitts scoring from open play, Whitts scoring from free kicks, Whitts passing and X scores. Such an exciting player. Genuinely saddened at his death. Worthy of the term "legend". RIP

awful RIP

I'm still really gutted and saddened with his tragic death, it sounds like alcohol was a big factor in the cause of his death. I came close myself one night when absolutely hammered I fell backwards onto a glass coffee table a shard of glass went right to the bone of my arse few inches higher and I don't think I would be here now.

RIP Whitts.

Try reading that without tears in your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Try reading that without tears in your eyes.
    I can’t even watch his goals or look at footage of him playing.
    Proper proper heartbreaking.

Really sad news which could have easily happened to any of us who like a drink. I was talking to somebody the other day, who thought Whitt’s had been assaulted so hopefully that ends that rumour. It’s a year this Saturday to the day that it happened. RIP Peter, the best footballer ever, in my opinion, to wear a CCFC shirt, in my lifetime.��

A true City legend. Goes without saying but hope we can show our respects when we are back in the stadium. Definitely think a stand or some part of the ground should be named after him. RIP Whitt’s

He seemed to be a gentle and modest soul too

unreal on so many levels , one or perhaps the best Championship player in his era

So sad, bloody ironic that a week or so later the pubs would have been closed in the first lockdown. He deserves a hell of belated send off when we can return, great memories of a player who turned the sensational into the norm where he was concerned.

Such a sad loss. My favourite City player for everything he did on the pitch and the way he did it. Had the pleasure of meeting him once and he was as laidback as you’d expect, and so funny in the way he spoke with a lady with a tattoo of him. The main thing I’m looking forward to do when we can attend games again is celebrating his life in the ground.

I'd have no problem with the "Peter Whittingham Family Stand" being so named.

International

I go into the stadium most days and his picture is on the wall bigger than lifesize in front of me in his city blue and white kit.
    It's the way I'll always see him in my mind.

It’s a year to the date that Peter had his fall, which led to his death. Still can’t believe it happened. ��