+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I enjoy the commentary on CCTV Live.

I enjoy the commentary on CCTV Live.

The guys seem knowledgeable, observant, objective, are City fans and are a good pairing.

Re: I enjoy the commentary on CCTV Live.

I agree

Having listened to the red button guy tonight, I agree too.

They seem to have gotten significantly better as the season has progressed.

I agree, although I did laugh at the rugby analogy after 4 minutes. Might be a record for Ash to bring a comparison to another sport.

Much better than Sky you just feel its ours ,whereas Sky seem dont seem to have any depth of knowledge of us have love in with the other sides especially if there old famous sides like Forest or Derby,and we get replays.

The commentator is ok, the other guy is terrible (why does it need two of them?).

If you took a shot every time he mentions ‘the press’, you’d be drunk by half time. He constantly mentions it as if it shows he has a technical knowledge of the game.

He waffles on and on and talks, for talkings sake.

Everyone is ‘outstanding, including Flint on Saturday (who gave the goal away), and Pack tonight (who hit about three square balls all night and is a liability against any decent opposition).

Every tackle should be a free kick to us, and we should have three penalties a game.

He could put a glass eye, to sleep.

I wish there was a non commentary option with just the squad noise, or better still the fake crowd noise, like SKY.

I would listen to Radio Wales, but there’s a time delay

Thought the guy on Sky last night was dreadful.

I think the guys are great. They have gotten much better.

Some good insights and also a good history of the game / previous fixtures.

While they are not too critical of previous managers I like that they don't mind or hold back in pointing out the differences and improvements. Quite refreshing

City tv commentary is getting better. They did my head in at the beginning and any time a sub was made constantly going on about oh are they playing a 3 at the back or a 4 and will he slot into a mid field 3 etc etc, who give ****.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    The guys seem knowledgeable, observant, objective, are City fans and are a good pairing.
    Agree, enjoy their commentary - nothing like that endless statistical drivel from the SKY bloke who co-hosts with Neville. Who are they ?

I enjoy the commentary for the u23 games as well, quite relaxed but very knowledgeable

I like the main commentator but the other fella usually irritates me. He was better last night though and I thought the commentary was much improved. Better than that Sky/BT shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    The commentator is ok, the other guy is terrible (why does it need two of them?).

If you took a shot every time he mentions ‘the press’, you’d be drunk by half time. He constantly mentions it as if it shows he has a technical knowledge of the game.

Everyone is ‘outstanding, including Flint on Saturday (who gave the goal away), and Pack tonight (who hit about three square balls all night and is a liability against any decent opposition).

Every tackle should be a free kick to us, and we should have three penalties a game.

I wish there was a non commentary option with just the squad noise, or better still the fake crowd noise, like SKY.

you really are a misery guts, everything's so negative

Its attraction is its old skool no thrills , folk who care about us as a club , they don't pandering to the past washed up famous English clubs and ex managers like Rooney , the fuss always out weighs our contribution to these games , Sky refers to them with a rose tinted view due to the clubs and players past fame.

I also think the CCTV commentators are very good. But would like slightly less chat between them and a little more commentary about what is happening at any particular moment. Retain the general chat to a large extent as it is like listening to mates talking about the City; but at the same time give us a little more clarity about what the team are doing throughout the game.

Wouldn’t want to spend a night at the pub with you. There is a non commentary option, the mute button!

Personally I think they are both great and their knowledge of the clubs history impeccable. I also enjoy Ashley explaining every change to system implemented by each substitution especially for the opposition. When a game was live in Sky the other week I found myself really missing them.

Keep up the good work guys

Completely biased. Love it!

I’ve no complaints about them at all and the guy who does the under 23 matches is good as well, I’d also say they’ve had some interesting summarisers such as Greg Cunningham, Steve Morison and David Hughes on.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I’ve no complaints about them at all and the guy who does the under 23 matches is good as well, I’d also say they’ve had some interesting summarisers such as Greg Cunningham, Steve Morison and David Hughes on.
    yes I enjoy the commentary for the U23s, and they seem really knowledgeable.
    I do think they mention what age the players joined the club a bit too often though.

Not a huge fan of Steve Morison but I enjoyed the others

Quote Originally Posted by Grandstand Boy;5173316[I
    ]Wouldn’t want to spend a night at the pub with you.[/I]
    Get with the times, no one goes to a pub anymore!

Used to sit in front of me with his brothers and his dad for years on the Bob Bank. Proper City fan

Get with the times, no one goes to a pub anymore!
    Rumour is that you were emptying them way before the covid closures

They’re decent. I tend to follow on the radio if BBC Radio Cymru aren’t playing the city game. I assume they share the same feed as the TV stream, so could do a bit more of describing the play à la regular radio coverage but appreciate they're probably trying to find a middle ground between telly/radio commentary to suit both feeds.

Anyone know where they’re from? Trying to place their accents.