+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dominant Cardiff hit Derby for four to climb back into the top six.

Dominant Cardiff hit Derby for four to climb back into the top six.

Four as well for the Under 23s, but it doesn't save them from defeat.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Re: Dominant Cardiff hit Derby for four to climb back into the top six.

You need to stop winning (please).

Football's a funny old game. Vaulks, Bacuna, players who leave themselves open to criticism so often, played blinders. The whole team last night seemed 'connected', we played all round the pitch. The possession stats say we had just 27% possession but such was the difference in the way each side used that possession those figures were irrelevant. City looked brimming with confidence. Maybe the way opponents set themselves up against us is more significant to performances that we[I] thought. Certainly we struggled to put it mildly against Middlesbrough. Then you would expect Warnock to 'do a job on us'. Well done City, great watching last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    You need to stop winning (please).
    I think we’ll have a better idea of our chances by the time the international break comes along. We play two of the top five before then and, apart from a win at Watford, we’ve lost every game we’ve played against them - Watford at home and the jacks away should give an idea of how much, if it all, we’ve improved since December.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Football's a funny old game. Vaulks, Bacuna, players who leave themselves open to criticism so often, played blinders. The whole team last night seemed 'connected', we played all round the pitch. The possession stats say we had just 27% possession but such was the difference in the way each side used that possession those figures were irrelevant. City looked brimming with confidence. Maybe the way opponents set themselves up against us is more significant to performances that we[I] thought. Certainly we struggled to put it mildly against Middlesbrough. Then you would expect Warnock to 'do a job on us'. Well done City, great watching last night.
    Yes, so much better last night than Saturday, you may have a point about Warnock.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think we’ll have a better idea of our chances by the time the international break comes along. We play two of the top five before then and, apart from a win at Watford, we’ve lost every game we’ve played against them - Watford at home and the jacks away should give an idea of how much, if it all, we’ve improved since December.
    Come on Bob we dont need Watford and Swansea to tell us weve improved.

Weve improved a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Come on Bob we dont need Watford and Swansea to tell us weve improved.

Weve improved a lot.
    We had trouble beating teams at the top and bottom of the league under Neil Harris - I suppose wins over Rotherham and Derby suggest we’re over the problems we had with the bottom teams, but we’ve not played any of the top five under Mick McCarthy.

There is no doubt you have improved. You have just beaten Bournemouth away and are the form team in the division. What went on under Harris was underachievement.
    You will certainly be in or around the play offs as will Reading. I’m hoping Bournemouth and Barnsley drop off.

We had trouble beating teams at the top and bottom of the league under Neil Harris - I suppose wins over Rotherham and Derby suggest we’re over the problems we had with the bottom teams, but we’ve not played any of the top five under Mick McCarthy.
    Weve gone away and knocked Bournemouth out of the top 6 though and I reckon they are still likely to finish above Reading.

Swansea dont look that impressive either.

Weve played Norwich twice. The way we are at the moment as long as Moore is fit then id fancy us to beat anyone particularly if teams set up to try and deal witn our physical threat.

The closing down and work off the ball is much better , the wing backs are pushing forward and the 2 attacking midfielders are backing Moore.

Our passing isnt great but this isnt a league where there are really good teams up the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Weve gone away and knocked Bournemouth out of the top 6 though and I reckon they are still likely to finish above Reading.

Swansea dont look that impressive either.

Weve played Norwich twice. The way we are at the moment as long as Moore is fit then id fancy us to beat anyone particularly if teams set up to try and deal witn our physical threat.

The closing down and work off the ball is much better , the wing backs are pushing forward and the 2 attacking midfielders are backing Moore.

Our passing isnt great but this isnt a league where there are really good teams up the top.
    But we’ve not played any of the top five be sure sides under Mick McCarthy - until we do, we cannot be sure what will happen. I think we’ve improved, but, that one game at Watford apart, we were pretty comfortably beaten by Norwich (twice), Brentford, Swansea and Reading when we played them.

But we’ve not played any of the top five be sure sides under Mick McCarthy - until we do, we cannot be sure what will happen. I think we’ve improved, but, that one game at Watford apart, we were pretty comfortably beaten by Norwich (twice), Brentford, Swansea and Reading when we played them.
    I know what your saying but we made Jamal Lowe look a world beater at our place which is some achievement.😂

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    There is no doubt you have improved. You have just beaten Bournemouth away and are the form team in the division. What went on under Harris was underachievement.
    You will certainly be in or around the play offs as will Reading. I’m hoping Bournemouth and Barnsley drop off.
    Drawing with Bournemouth at CCS when they were fourth and climbing up the table (2 games later they were 2nd in league) is a better result than beating them away when they're falling (form wise they're currently 18th best in the league over past 10 games and that's after beating Watford) from top six. Beating Watford away remains our best result this season.

It seems clear we've improved and MM is so far standing up to the tests presented this month (games against sides immediately challenging for same spots in league, tough away game with fatigued side, rotation in the next game) but I agree that we'll know a lot more about this side after the international break.