+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Budget

Re: The Budget

- before Brexit the UK used to belong to the European Investment Bank, which invested £5bn a year in UK infrastructure

- the UK's new National Infrastructure Bank, announced in the Budget, will provide just £1.5bn a year in projects

Government’s new ‘infrastructure bank’ so small it will have no effect on growth, watchdog says: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1812661.html

In calculations released alongside the budget, the Office for Budget (OBR) responsibility said it had "not adjusted our economy forecast" in light of the bank's creation because of the bank's small size and expected limited impact.
    More on the budget. Are we allowed to mention Brexit as well?

Those that work in the NHS are overwhelmingly anti Conservative. Some consultants who make a few quid in private clinics might be swayed but you talk to your average nurse or doctor and they will tell you exactly what they think of the conservatives .

A nurse voting tory is passing on her own chips

Thankfully there are very few of them about

The reason why Bridgend went blue was Brexit , nothing else . Sadly a lump of the electorate were fooled by Boris and his mob of liars .

Some of the Bridgend valleys receive huge funding from Europe 🇪🇺

When the money runs out they are fecked but they have made their choice so there you go

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Your view of the world, and the way it's population is divided up, is so fixed. It's quite odd. Northerners are decent; people in the south east are capitalist pigs; scaffolders support west ham; nobody in x part of London supports Y club etc. Now we have doctors aren't Tories? Come on. All doctors and nurses were medical students once. In my uni at least, it is hard to imagine a more nailed-on group of obnoxious tim-nice-but-dim Tories. I've written up a list of NHS workers I know. At least half are Tories, one of them even stood as a local councillor.
    well I know plenty of NHS workers and they wouldn't vote tory as long as they have a hole in their arse

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    I would like to support this, the Believe that the NHS is in the vast majority anti tory is nonsense.

61% of Doctors are privately educated (BBC, 2016)

In response to sludge all I can do is provide my personal knowledge, My mother is a nurse in Bridgend and my sister is a nurse in Porthcawl.
    I am employed by the NHS (administrative role)

The three of us are Conservative voters, I would describe our politics as fiscally conservative, socially liberal, and you may regard us stupid for believing this, but we all genuinely believe Boris is doing a good job in representing our political persuasion of being right of center.
    I would like to suggest that the budget and financial packages over the last year, from our current government are evidence of this, being a moderate/conservative government, hence vindicating our vote

I Honestly, and genuinely believe that there is not large support or a secret motive to privatise the NHS, it is an easy slur to throw around, the rhetoric is as old as you and me, and evidence suggests it is completely fabricated.
    To this day Labour have done more in the way of privatising healthcare than any other party.

It is not popular to say this, but in Bridgend alone I can write down the name of 20 nurses I know personally who vote conservative, (and I don't know a whole lot more than those 20!) and I also have spent significant time in a local GP practice, and know for a fact that Brexit was largely supported by the staff as a whole, from the receptionists to the Doctors.

The point in all this, I believe one can believe in the politics of aspiration and conscious capitalism while supporting a world beating nationalised health service.
    socially Liberal?

Tell me you are taking the piss

The Conservatives parties attack on benefits for disabled people is an absolute fecking disgrace

Its like something out of nazi Germany

Socially Liberal

Get out of here

International

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    So now you are telling me that I knew what you meant as opposed to what you actually wrote. Interesting.
    Because I give you the benefit of believing you are erudite, and an erudite man would be able to grasp what I meant. How else would one say it? Or do you take every single thing you read literally? I don't think so. But you do take things literally when it suits you.
    It's a bit like your reference to my wife in another thread which you later said was meant in a different way to the way you wrote it. And that was personal.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    well I know plenty of NHS workers and they wouldn't vote tory as long as they have a hole in their arse
    Understood. But unless you know them all you are in no position to say that almost nobody in the nhs votes Tory, are you? That’s the point. What this probably means is your friends are mostly anti Tory and that includes some that work in the nhs. That’s all.

International

Maybe your not knowing any NHS workers who vote conservative may in part have to do with the fact that you wouldn't talk to anyone who you thought was a tory in the first place.

you should get to know as many tories as you can sludge. Remember, keep your friends close and your enemies closer!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Understood. But unless you know them all you are in no position to say that almost nobody in the nhs votes Tory, are you? That’s the point. What this probably means is your friends are mostly anti Tory and that includes some that work in the nhs. That’s all.
    82 percent of nurses at the last election voted Labour

Just 6 percent voted tory

More voted green and independent than tory

So I think I am indeed in a position to say that nurses don't vote tory

I hope that clears things up

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Maybe your not knowing any NHS workers who vote conservative may in part have to do with the fact that you wouldn't talk to anyone who you thought was a tory in the first place.

you should get to know as many tories as you can sludge. Remember, keep your friends close and your enemies closer!!!
    I know some Liberal Ken Clarke type tories but only every second thursday of the month

I think the conclusion of this could be a labour voters friends who work in the NHS are all also labour supporters.

And I conservative voter knows people who work in the NHS and also vote conservative, aha

Maybe Bob Wilson is right, we are all in our own echo chambers at the end of the day

And the truth is somewhere in the middle, as it is with everything in life!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I can't place Boris, political compass has his campaign in 2019 pegged as authoritarian and economically very far to the right, not convinced about that myself but I am certainly struggling with the idea that he is centre right though. Seems like a humdrum mix of left wing sympathetic populist economic policy, mixed with the great British pastime of benefit bashing whilst floating a cabinet containing people with some obvious character flaws and dubious views.

Forgive me but that is one of the more naive things I have read on this board. There definitely is a very non-secret motive/plot to privatise the NHS but thankfully it is the one thing that is nailed to the ground, right now it would be political suicide but never say never.

That is all well and good but would you hold your nose and carry on voting for them if they began to pivot towards 'the NHS is too expensive, there must be a better way...'?
    I have been reading stories that the Tories want privatise the NHs since at least Margaret Thatchers time and I suspect such stories have been flying around since 1946.

They're taking their time aren't they!!!

People also forget that the Tories also intended to bring in a National Health Service if they had won in 1945 ( though it would have had differences to the Labour model.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I have been reading stories that the Tories want privatise the NHs since at least Margaret Thatchers time and I suspect such stories have been flying around since 1946.

They're taking their time aren't they!!!

People also forget that the Tories also intended to bring in a National Health Service if they had won in 1945 ( though it would have had differences to the Labour model.
    I believe The Tories voted against the NHS Bill over 20 times.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I believe The Tories voted against the NHS Bill over 20 times.
    And yet since its inception, we've had a Tory Government far more times than a Labour government, often with commanding majorities, yet at no point has the discussion about removing free at point of use to all ever been mooted.

It doesn't matter whether it's public or private delivered, whats important is that it remains free at point of use for all. That is something the Torys truly believe in.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    And yet since its inception, we've had a Tory Government far more times than a Labour government, often with commanding majorities, yet at no point has the discussion about removing free at point of use to all ever been mooted.

It doesn't matter whether it's public or private delivered, whats important is that it remains free at point of use for all. That is something the Torys truly believe in.
    The tories truly believe in it being privately delivered , well that's a certainty

The fact that we have unfortunately had a tory government for more time in power than a Labour government means feck all

That hasn't stopped the NHS being in a dreadful state much of the time the tory lot were in charge

Its interesting that Andrew Rawnsley , Jeremy Cnut and Matt Hancock all have interests in or were sponsored by , private health care companies

Now you go on and on about the German model but I don't care two ****s about Germany, what I do know is there is a creeping death of private finance in the NHS

And the tories have been in power for 11 years

The tories truly believe in it being privately delivered , well that's a certainty

The fact that we have unfortunately had a tory government for more time in power than a Labour government means feck all

That hasn't stopped the NHS being in a dreadful state much of the time the tory lot were in charge

Its interesting that Andrew Rawnsley , Jeremy Cnut and Matt Hancock all have interests in or were sponsored by , private health care companies

Now you go on and on about the German model but I don't care two ****s about Germany, what I do know is there is a creeping death of private finance in the NHS

And the tories have been in power for 11 years

All I can say is thank *uck Corbyn & McDonnellost the last election by a landslide.
    Can you imagine that pair trying to immediately deal with the COVID pandemic

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Because I give you the benefit of believing you are erudite, and an erudite man would be able to grasp what I meant. How else would one say it? Or do you take every single thing you read literally? I don't think so. But you do take things literally when it suits you.
    It's a bit like your reference to my wife in another thread which you later said was meant in a different way to the way you wrote it. And that was personal.
    I didn't even know that you were married, old fruit. It was a comment said in humour in an abstract way. I don't make negative personal remarks on here.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    All I can say is thank *uck Corbyn & McDonnellost the last election by a landslide.
    You think Boris has done a good job ?

No wonder you fecked off to dubai !

Matt Hancock ?

He has done a good job ?

Jesus wept

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Why? Are you seriously saying that you do not know beforehand what many of the posters on here are likely to say if they’re commenting on things like politics and Covid? It’s just as easy to predict what’s coming from from people on either side of the argument as soon as you see who has posted a message, that’s why I said that people are, increasingly it seems, defined by their politics.

To use myself as an example, when was the last time I said something on politics which surprised you?
    er, 2001 ?

Hard to imagine how it could have been any worse.

This is a joke right?

You think Boris has done a good job ?

No wonder you fecked off to dubai !

Matt Hancock ?

He has done a good job ?

Jesus wept
    I should think the landlord of Matt Hancock’slocal pub thinks he’s doing an absolutely brilliant job.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I should think the landlord of Matt Hancock’slocal pub thinks he’s doing an absolutely brilliant job.
    That was a massive cock up .
    He is a dickhead.
    Just like George in Blackadder

82 percent of nurses at the last election voted Labour

Just 6 percent voted tory

More voted green and independent than tory

So I think I am indeed in a position to say that nurses don't vote tory

I hope that clears things up

Where did you get these figures from young man???

Google , Dr

https://nursingnotes.co.uk/news/politics/overwhelming-number-healthcare-workers-plan-vote-labour/

They could have been fibbing of course but that's more a tory thing

Google , Dr

https://nursingnotes.co.uk/news/poli...n-vote-labour/

They could have been fibbing of course but that's more a tory thing
    When I read your final paragraph in bold, I nearly fell off my chair laughing!! Political parties are one as bad as the other for telling fibs. Look at the nonsense between Salmond and Sturgeon in Scotland at the moment.

Secondly it was an online survey. These are notoriously inaccurate. Have you ever seen them on other sites such as the Express?

They used to show some ridiculously high votes in favour of Brexit!