Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
starmer is no leader mind you nor is Boris and the idiots voted him in

I think the Labour Party is a busted flush

After losing so many seats to Mrs krankie in Scotland its power base has gone

I think those of us that don't vote tory and in my case never will need a left of centre alternative to unite

Welsh independence is crazy , the figures don't add up , most of the population is based along the M4 Corridor in the south and the North East and coastal belt in the North

And thats it

No way can you run a country on that

We have more in common with Bristol than we do with sheep farmers in Llandovery

Lisa Nandy leading a progressive democratic party with the best of the Labour Party, Liberals and independents would be a dream ticket
many of the economic arguments against Welsh independence would have equally applied to Ireland about 100 years ago.
when they became independent they were probably the poorest part of the UK, and it has taken them most of a century but since 2001 they have had a higher GDP per capita, and it is a gap that is only getting wider.

in the 1920s they basically had an entirely agrarian economy, that ONLY traded with the UK.
if they hadn't have left the UK there is NO WAY that they would now be as wealthy or the wealthiest part of the UK. they would probably be a poor part of the UK and as ignored as the remaining poor parts in terms of investment.