+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Budget

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Budget

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Wow your family has really added wonderful value to our society. Your right its free society and you shouldn't be judged by your political choices there's good in each party and it doesn't make you evil if you chose between one or the other .
    By using "one or the other" you're showing your true colours whereby, going by what you post on here, you are constantly critical of one of them and constantly supportive of the other - of course people are judged by their political choices, because it points fundamentally to who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    By using "one or the other" you're showing your true colours whereby, going by what you post on here, you are constantly critical of one of them and constantly supportive of the other - of course people are judged by their political choices, because it points fundamentally to who you are.
    In what way ?

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    In what way ?
    i was thinking that too

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Really ,why personalise it , all you have to say I dont agree the quote was about others ,its always seems a default on here to suppress the debate.

I've simply expressed a view about"one or others " , the one doesn't specifically mean me , if someone uses the term "one" it can mean other people ?

I suspect the usual pack of friends will descend soon usual put down and derogatory terminology .

Really ,why personalise it , all you have to say I dont agree the quote was about others ,its always seems a default on here to suppress the debate.

I've simply expressed a view about"one or others " , the one doesn't specifically mean me , if someone uses the term "one" it can mean other people ?

I suspect the usual pack of friends will descend soon usual put down and derogatory terminology .
    You used “one or the other” in relation to political parties originally, so that’s what my answer was based on, now it seems you’re using it in relation to people - you talked about there being good in all parties, but, on here at least, you’ve never practiced what you preach there when it comes to one of those parties.

Regarding your explanation of your use of the word 'one':
    As a pronoun it should stand in for the words 'a person' and your sentence was related to political parties.
    Did you really want your sentence to be interpreted thus:

"Wow your family has really added wonderful value to our society. Your right its free society and you shouldn't be judged by your political choices there's good in each party and it doesn't make you evil if you chose between a person or the other ."