+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Budget

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Budget

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Confirmation bias? What the f*** is that? This getting boring now.
    You probably wouldn't believe it if I told you

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    or do you employ the 11th nurse and give them a 10% pay rise, ignore the debts and leave it to the fairies to fix
    Another tory with all the facts scribbled down on the back of a fag packet

The tories can piss off they will come crawling the next time we need the NHS , I hope the nurses go on strike , good luck to them

Tories , only know the value of money

Disgusting bunch

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Announced this evening that Philip Rutnam received £340,000 plus legal costs, as part of payout from the Home Offices.

Flippant point: how many nurses do you get if you trade in this Home Secretary for someone a bit better at the job?

Don't forget: "Nicky Morgan defended the Conservative manifesto pledge that there will be 50,000 more nurses in 10 years, despite figures suggesting 19,000 will be retained staff," which means there was expectation to lose 19,000 nurses in 10 years and Tories planned on taking action to reverse that loss. Has there been anything done so far, including in any of the budgets, to reverse loss of 19,000 nurses?

Slightly more serious point: it seems there is always money to spend if it fits the government's/minister's priorities and always difficult to find it if it doesn't. It's simply wrong to think about finances in the same way as a household finances.
    of course, when you are struggling to form a government......whoosh out comes the cash for the Northern Ireland tory lot to back up the conservatives

Found money for that you tory vermin

I hope the NHS go on strike

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Fantastic pay deal for those that have put their lives on the line for us , quite literally , from the conservatives

1 percent pay rise for nurses and doctors

That clap Boris was doing was clearly one handed

What a bunch of tossers
    There was a nil cost option here.

£1000 fine for anyone not following social distancing rules or wearing masks. Double it each time it happens again. Obviously a tiny minority have a reason not to wear a mask and that can be sorted, but make it a strict liability offense for everyone else.

We already have facial recognition tech on building sites to pick up those not wearing appropriate PPE. Can't be a biggie to have this stuff automated in supermarkets etc. Shout big brother, I dont care: this is a situation that needs it and it means it can be deployed at scale.

All of that cash goes into an NHS staff fund, distributed each month to NHS and private medical staff putting their lives at risk because cretins refuse to wear a mask. and it can be tax free as the morons without masks have already paid the tax on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dargavel View Post
    Sludge Factory, so help me understand. My father who worked within the NHS as a biomedical scientist, my mother who made assistant director of nursing, my sister who is presently a nurse, my aunties who were an audiologist and nursing receptionist (and are both married to ENT consultants), and my grandmother who was a nurse all vote for a party who doesn’t give a shit about them? Give your head a wobble and stop talking with your Labour blinkers. Trotting out party politics and vitriol makes you look like a halfwit.
    Wow your family has really added wonderful value to our society. Your right its free society and you shouldn't be judged by your political choices there's good in each party and it doesn't make you evil if you chose between one or the other .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Wow your family has really added wonderful value to our society. Your right its free society and you shouldn't be judged by your political choices there's good in each party and it doesn't make you evil if you chose between one or the other .
    By using "one or the other" you're showing your true colours whereby, going by what you post on here, you are constantly critical of one of them and constantly supportive of the other - of course people are judged by their political choices, because it points fundamentally to who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    By using "one or the other" you're showing your true colours whereby, going by what you post on here, you are constantly critical of one of them and constantly supportive of the other - of course people are judged by their political choices, because it points fundamentally to who you are.
    In what way ?

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    In what way ?
    i was thinking that too

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Really ,why personalise it , all you have to say I dont agree the quote was about others ,its always seems a default on here to suppress the debate.

I've simply expressed a view about"one or others " , the one doesn't specifically mean me , if someone uses the term "one" it can mean other people ?

I suspect the usual pack of friends will descend soon usual put down and derogatory terminology .

Really ,why personalise it , all you have to say I dont agree the quote was about others ,its always seems a default on here to suppress the debate.

I've simply expressed a view about"one or others " , the one doesn't specifically mean me , if someone uses the term "one" it can mean other people ?

I suspect the usual pack of friends will descend soon usual put down and derogatory terminology .
    You used “one or the other” in relation to political parties originally, so that’s what my answer was based on, now it seems you’re using it in relation to people - you talked about there being good in all parties, but, on here at least, you’ve never practiced what you preach there when it comes to one of those parties.

Regarding your explanation of your use of the word 'one':
    As a pronoun it should stand in for the words 'a person' and your sentence was related to political parties.
    Did you really want your sentence to be interpreted thus:

"Wow your family has really added wonderful value to our society. Your right its free society and you shouldn't be judged by your political choices there's good in each party and it doesn't make you evil if you chose between a person or the other ."

YouGov poll after budget has with a 13-point lead over Labour.

""Their budget was the most popular in a decade, with 55 per cent of people describing it as “fair”""

The answer is you scrap the nuclear deterrent

And also you don't give the nurses on 25k a ten percent pay rise which is plain daft , you give them a 2 or 3 percent pay rise which is easily possible even 8n the current economic circumstances

But the tories want to scrap the NHS , have never liked it and don't give two shifts about the people who work saving lives , never have , never will
    But the Chief exec of the RCN says they deserve 12.5% rise. Your 3% isnt going to satisfy them.

This is a long thread for a 'kick the can down the road' budget. At least it settles the age old CCMB question, 'was austerity a political choice?', undoubtedly.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    This is a long thread for a 'kick the can down the road' budget. At least it settles the age old CCMB question, 'was austerity a political choice?', undoubtedly.
    I don't think there as ever a question about whether it was political or not. The questions are was it the right thing to do and did it work? The Labour party clearly would not have opted for that route.
    But as with so many things, like the way this pandemic is being dealt with, its something we will never know unfortunately.

I don't think there as ever a question about whether it was political or not. The questions are was it the right thing to do and did it work? The Labour party clearly would not have opted for that route.
    But as with so many things, like the way this pandemic is being dealt with, its something we will never know unfortunately.
    That doesn't make any sense if it was 'the right thing to do' then we aren't talking about a choice made due to ideology. Austerity was justified because of a deficit and its affect on debt, both are astronomical now and Sunak is choosing not to take such strident action (or any at all). I agree with their assessment now, but it bets the question what on earth were they thinking with from 2010-Boris

As for whether Austerity worked, they missed almost every target they set themselves to lower the deficit and ultimately debt.

No and no.

I think its cobblers , hardly anyone in the NHS votes tory

This bloke has found five

Naa

I think its cobblers , hardly anyone in the NHS votes tory

This bloke has found five

Naa
    Your view of the world, and the way it's population is divided up, is so fixed. It's quite odd. Northerners are decent; people in the south east are capitalist pigs; scaffolders support west ham; nobody in x part of London supports Y club etc. Now we have doctors aren't Tories? Come on. All doctors and nurses were medical students once. In my uni at least, it is hard to imagine a more nailed-on group of obnoxious tim-nice-but-dim Tories. I've written up a list of NHS workers I know. At least half are Tories, one of them even stood as a local councillor.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Your view of the world, and the way it's population is divided up, is so fixed. It's quite odd. Northerners are decent; people in the south east are capitalist pigs; scaffolders support west ham; nobody in x part of London supports Y club etc. Now we have doctors aren't Tories? Come on. All doctors and nurses were medical students once. In my uni at least, it is hard to imagine a more nailed-on group of obnoxious tim-nice-but-dim Tories. I've written up a list of NHS workers I know. At least half are Tories, one of them even stood as a local councillor.
    I would like to support this, the Believe that the NHS is in the vast majority anti tory is nonsense.

61% of Doctors are privately educated (BBC, 2016)

In response to sludge all I can do is provide my personal knowledge, My mother is a nurse in Bridgend and my sister is a nurse in Porthcawl.
    I am employed by the NHS (administrative role)

The three of us are Conservative voters, I would describe our politics as fiscally conservative, socially liberal, and you may regard us stupid for believing this, but we all genuinely believe Boris is doing a good job in representing our political persuasion of being right of center.
    I would like to suggest that the budget and financial packages over the last year, from our current government are evidence of this, being a moderate/conservative government, hence vindicating our vote

I Honestly, and genuinely believe that there is not large support or a secret motive to privatise the NHS, it is an easy slur to throw around, the rhetoric is as old as you and me, and evidence suggests it is completely fabricated.
    To this day Labour have done more in the way of privatising healthcare than any other party.

It is not popular to say this, but in Bridgend alone I can write down the name of 20 nurses I know personally who vote conservative, (and I don't know a whole lot more than those 20!) and I also have spent significant time in a local GP practice, and know for a fact that Brexit was largely supported by the staff as a whole, from the receptionists to the Doctors.

The point in all this, I believe one can believe in the politics of aspiration and conscious capitalism while supporting a world beating nationalised health service.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    I would like to support this, the Believe that the NHS is in the vast majority anti tory is nonsense.

In response to sludge all I can do is provide my personal knowledge, My mother is a nurse in Bridgend and my sister is a nurse in Porthcawl.

The three of us are Conservative voters, I would describe our politics as fiscally conservative, socially liberal, and you may regard us stupid for believing this, but we all genuinely believe Boris is doing a good job in representing our political persuasion of being right of center.
    I would like to suggest that the budget and financial packages over the last year, from our current government are evidence of this, being a moderate/conservative government, hence vindicating our vote

I Honestly, and genuinely believe that there is not large support or a secret motive to privatise the NHS, it is an easy slur to throw around, the rhetoric is as old as you and me, and evidence suggests it is completely fabricated.
    To this day Labour have done more in the way of privatising healthcare than any other party.

It is not popular to say this, but in Bridgend alone I can write down the name of 20 nurses I know personally who vote conservative, (and I don't know a whole lot more than those 20!) and I also have spent significant time in a local GP practice, and know for a fact that Brexit was largely supported by the staff as a whole, from the receptionists to the Doctors.

The point in all this, I believe one can believe in the politics of aspiration and conscious capitalism while supporting a world beating nationalised health service.
    They shouldn't be ashamed of a different a democratic view .

I can't place Boris, political compass has his campaign in 2019 pegged as authoritarian and economically very far to the right, not convinced about that myself but I am certainly struggling with the idea that he is centre right though. Seems like a humdrum mix of left wing sympathetic populist economic policy, mixed with the great British pastime of benefit bashing whilst floating a cabinet containing people with some obvious character flaws and dubious views.

Forgive me but that is one of the more naive things I have read on this board. There definitely is a very non-secret motive/plot to privatise the NHS but thankfully it is the one thing that is nailed to the ground, right now it would be political suicide but never say never.

That is all well and good but would you hold your nose and carry on voting for them if they began to pivot towards 'the NHS is too expensive, there must be a better way...'?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I can't place Boris, political compass has his campaign in 2019 pegged as authoritarian and economically very far to the right, not convinced about that myself but I am certainly struggling with the idea that he is centre right though. Seems like a humdrum mix of left wing sympathetic populist economic policy, mixed with the great British pastime of benefit bashing whilst floating a cabinet containing people with some obvious character flaws and dubious views.

Forgive me but that is one of the more naive things I have read on this board. There definitely is a very non-secret motive/plot to privatise the NHS but thankfully it is the one thing that is nailed to the ground, right now it would be political suicide but never say never.

That is all well and good but would you hold your nose and carry on voting for them if they began to pivot towards 'the NHS is too expensive, there must be a better way...'?
    I have been reading stories that the Tories want privatise the NHs since at least Margaret Thatchers time and I suspect such stories have been flying around since 1946.

They're taking their time aren't they!!!

People also forget that the Tories also intended to bring in a National Health Service if they had won in 1945 ( though it would have had differences to the Labour model.

So many people exist in echo chambers these days (I’d say I do myself I’m afraid), and you certainly sound like you do.

Also, why do you think that a private education = conservative voter? In my, admittedly, limited experience, they are just as likely to support another party.

YouGov poll after budget has with a 13-point lead over Labour.

""Their budget was the most popular in a decade, with 55 per cent of people describing it as “fair”""
    but you are not , repeat not , a tory

I just needed to make that clear