+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: FT: HUDDERSFIELD 0 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: HUDDERSFIELD 0 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

I think we’re doing just fine

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I think we’re doing just fine
    Me too. And I'm in favor of complete change. You can't argue with the results though. And it is slightly better football than Warnock/Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Me too. And I'm in favor of complete change. You can't argue with the results though. And it is slightly better football than Warnock/Harris.
    Have you watched the last few away games?

I don’t believe we’ve even created one attempt on target, from open play.

The last two games a couple of attempts from set pieces and throw in’s.

You could count them on one hand.

The football is no better than under Harris.

Ball is constantly just kicked aimlessly downfield.

We are 7th. Huddersfield are 18th. The table doesn't lie, but it depends on the question. Who is the most likely to get points from a game ? Cardiff City. We're effective at either end of the pitch - stopping them, and getting them. We're not better footballers, far from it, but more disciplined, able to follow a plan, and happy to spend most of their playing time trying to stop the other side than trying to create chances and score.
    Problem as I see it, how do you turn City into a side with more footballing/creative ability without destroying parts of the effective 'machine' they've become ? That's a dilemma. MM is doing to a certain degree exactly what Harris did last season - using limited talent at it's most effective. Trouble is, it hits a ceiling, a point where you just can't go any better. It's a bit like City having a Groundhog day.

I thought we were very very lucky to get a draw. We missed Bennet; nothing was created down the left (or anywhere else for that matter) and we resorted to our default - hoof ball with bells on. Huddersfield tried to play football; we didn't. Murphy had a shocker and I don't recall hearing Ojo's name once. Several players looked tired which is no surprise but , all in all, we got away with one last night. Long may our good fortune continue.

Pathetic performance of Hoofball, why was Bacuna dropped after scoring twice in the last game or at least brought on for the last half hour? Why wasn’t Williams brought on to try to win the game rather than Pack? Mick’s only signing has only played 5 minutes, why did he sign him? Mick is looking more like Warnock without the bullshit! Harris would have been crucified if the team had produced such a terrible performance, big improvements needed to get to the playoffs like last season!

What pissed me off wasn’t the shitty performance, the misplaced passing, the constant clearances into nobody.

What pissed me off was the choices by the manager.

Moore was marked out of the game Murphy had one of his shockers and Ralls was off the pace and the manager refused to change what was going on and the tactics had no semblance of what made us successful previously.

it's inevitable that we will be or have been found out. Managers take us more seriously and do their home work and pacify us

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    Have you watched the last few away games?

I don’t believe we’ve even created one attempt on target, from open play.

The last two games a couple of attempts from set pieces and throw in’s.

You could count them on one hand.

The football is no better than under Harris.

Ball is constantly just kicked aimlessly downfield.
    Yes. See my reply to you in another thread.

Extended Highlights

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Extended Highlights

I'm surprised they managed to get any highlights out of that, let alone extended ones