+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sky and womens football

Re: Sky and womens football

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    I've no answer to your witty retorts, your intelligence dwarfs mine.
    At last ...

You knew that from the beginning but still you had to engage ? Sometimes I wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    But it has to start somewhere, doesn't it? We give opinions on here about football and are critical of Professional players when most of us can't kick a ball or have never played to a good standard. The women employed to do punditry are playing at their highest level and are implementing the highest standards possible within their game.
    Sorry but huge difference. We are giving our opinions on a club message board not employed by Sky to participate on a panel of experts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I dont mind a bit of wit though . Nor a different opinion to mine.

I always smile when the good people of this message board mock Scottish Football . Especially with the tripe we have been gobbling up since Wanker Warnock arrived.
    My eyes were bleeding watching the Middlesbrough game.
    I actually enjoy watching lower league football (Barry Town), its honest . Probably my former years watching Scottish Football
    👍... good for you... and I’m with you... I don’t take this stuff seriously... I’d happily talk bollocks to you about it if I struck up a face to face conversation with you in a pub🤣

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    👍... good for you... and I’m with you... I don’t take this stuff seriously... I’d happily talk bollocks to you about it if I struck up a face to face conversation with you in a pub🤣
    spot on. There are plenty people who know me on here, whatever I say on here they would agree I would say the same in real life . I may enjoy a bit of a wind up on from time to time though.

Funnily enough The Womans Football Show was preceding our game on Sky. I watched it fascinated , especially the bit where they danced with a football to music.
    I cant wait for next weeks show .

spot on. There are plenty people who know me on here, whatever I say on here they would agree I would say the same in real life . I may enjoy a bit of a wind up on from time to time though.

Funnily enough The Womans Football Show was preceding our game on Sky. I watched it fascinated , especially the bit where they danced with a football to music.
    I cant wait for next weeks show .

..I noticed that..utter shit

Jeez , we have touched a nerve here.

So women football is popular in this country ? Where?

This board is infested with stupid young P.C knobs . Is that the kind of reply you understand?

If you have been watching Cardiff lately , I can assure you Scottish League 2 serves up better than what we watch.
    What has PC got to do with anything? What is it with people always saying that when it has nothing to do with anything.

I don’t watch women’s football but I don’t understand why people get wound up by it, I honestly don’t notice it’s on. The only thing I can thing is they’re stuck in their ways and need something to moan about.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    More popular than the men’s

Yeah righto. When all the men ****ed off to war maybe.
    https://www.history.co.uk/article/wh...5E2%2580%2599s

The growth did start because of the war but it was then banned because the FA didn’t want it to over shadow the men’s game.

I don’t see if something can be artificially surprised like that but people moan about the women’s game trying to be grown when it’s doesn’t even affect them.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    What has PC got to do with anything? What is it with people always saying that when it has nothing to do with anything.

I don’t watch women’s football but I don’t understand why people get wound up by it, I honestly don’t notice it’s on. The only thing I can thing is they’re stuck in their ways and need something to moan about.
    No one watches womens football. Including you .

Why do you feel the need to denigrate my opinion ?

No one watches any football if you look at the sky viewing figures.

The woman’s game is growing and it’s good for young girls to have another sport to aspire to play

I feel the need to question your opinion because you presented in such a negative way. Sometimes we need to realise not everything is aimed at us and just because we don’t enjoy it, we don’t need to be ***** about it.

No one watches any football if you look at the sky viewing figures.

The woman’s game is growing and it’s good for young girls to have another sport to aspire to play

I feel the need to question your opinion because you presented in such a negative way. Sometimes we need to realise not everything is aimed at us and just because we don’t enjoy it, we don’t need to be ***** about it.
    You are an intersectionalist.
    Simple as that.

What is wrong in saying that women’s Football is shit?
    It’s stating a fact...but it goes against your clear intersectional scope creep.

You were called out quite correctly by Jimmy The Jock.

Was anyone talking about the quality of women’s football though? People were saying it should have its own channel and it shouldn’t be mentioned in sports news.

All I’m saying is what’s the point in moaning about it and trying to suppress something that obviously has such a positive affect and can easily be avoided unless you’re going out of your way to find it.

I think you’ve come in with an opinion and not bothered to read the thread.

Can’t see one post about the quality of women’s football. I don’t think anyone is saying it’s anywhere near the standard of the men’s game but I don’t see how that matters.

Was anyone talking about the quality of women’s football though? People were saying it should have its own channel and it shouldn’t be mentioned in sports news.

All I’m saying is what’s the point in moaning about it and trying to suppress something that obviously has such a positive affect and can easily be avoided unless you’re going out of your way to find it.

I think you’ve come in with an opinion and not bothered to read the thread.
    Ok.
    I have now....
    It’s awful and would really be lucky to have a section at the end of loose women if this intersectionial nonsense wasn’t being pushed.

It’s not mainstream and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Ok.
    I have now....
    It’s awful and would really be lucky to have a section at the end of loose women if this intersectionial nonsense wasn’t being pushed.

It’s not mainstream and never will be.
    I don’t think anyone is saying it’s going to be mainstream are they.

Plenty of things on tv aren’t mainstream.

Again I’m struggling to see the problem with women’s football being on TV and I’m struggling to see what your problem with it is.

I think everyone agrees quality wise it’s not on the same planet as men’s football.

I think everyone agrees it’s much much less popular than men’s football.

But do you think that means shouldn’t exist? Or shouldn’t be on sky sports?

But there is an audience for it and the game is definitely more popular than it was 10 years and growing in popularity.

Saying it’s intersectional seems like you’re trying to come at it from a political point of view. Not everything is so black and white.

Saying it’s intersectional seems like you’re trying to come at it from a political point of view. Not everything is so black and white.
    Well I am, or at least from a societal point of view.
    Simply because that’s how it seems to me.

Maybe you do have a point at my hypocrisy as I have always enjoyed women’s athletics, tennis and a ton of other sports at The Olympics...however the push for women’s football seems disingenuous to me and driven by a non sporting narrative.

I don’t think you’re being a hypocrite, I think both views have merit. I just think in terms of young girls having another sport to play it’s a good thing and women’s football being on tv doesn’t really negatively affect anyone however it’s driven.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    however the push for women’s football seems disingenuous to me and driven by a non sporting narrative.
    What non sporting narrative though?

Trying to expand the sport? Can't see the issue.

Spreading the joy that football brings to a predominately male audience, to a different one? Can't see the issue.

Political correctness gone mad? Easily avoided, don't watch it.

Trying to make more money? If you're kicking off about that then bin following the whole sport.

I don't understand the animosity. If women's football isn't for you don't watch women's football. Darts isn't for me, I don't get angry about its existence in life or on Sky. I'm not saying you yourself necessarily get "angry" about it by the way, but it seems to peeve people in a very weird way when it doesn't need to. Don't watch it, don't read about it, the choice is yours

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post

Spreading the joy that football brings to a predominately male audience, to a different one? Can't see the issue.

Trying to make more money? If you're kicking off about that then bin following the whole sport.

I don't understand the animosity. If women's football isn't for you don't watch women's football. Darts isn't for me, I don't get angry about its existence in life or on Sky. I'm not saying you yourself necessarily get "angry" about it by the way, but it seems to peeve people in a very weird way when it doesn't need to. Don't watch it, don't read about it, the choice is yours
    Would you be irritated if you had darts integrated within the major football news and results?

I don’t think you’re being a hypocrite, I think both views have merit. I just think in terms of young girls having another sport to play it’s a good thing and women’s football being on tv doesn’t really negatively affect anyone however it’s driven.
    Fair enough, but here’s my last attempt at trying to put my point across.
    I firmly believe that Women’s Football coverage on television is more than just covering a minority sport or a curiosity like say Channel 4 did with American Football in the 80’s, Kabaddi in the early 90’s or even John Wilson’s “Gone Fishing”.
    It’s being pushed at an unnatural pace along with the introduction of female commentators.

There is definitely a narrative, one that sits uncomfortably with me...but as we all know “The Times, they are a changing”.

Would you be irritated if you had darts integrated within the major football news and results?

Personally I never sit down and think, "great I'm going to watch all the the major football news and results now, there'd better be no interruptions by something I don't care about." If I've missed it I'll pop on a website and check the City score. If I want to see other football news I'll click on it. If women's football is at the top, I'll scroll by it and find the bit I'm interested in. Life doesn't need to be hard

wish this thread was about futsal a far better watch !

a classic from the 2012 world cup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWEmFH6C3GQ

Personally I never sit down and think, "great I'm going to watch all the the major football news and results now, there'd better be no interruptions by something I don't care about." If I've missed it I'll pop on a website and check the City score. If I want to see other football news I'll click on it. If women's football is at the top, I'll scroll by it and find the bit I'm interested in. Life doesn't need to be hard
    You don’t like tradition do you?
    I’d also guess that you actually have a high level of disdain for The UK.

Strange how such assertations can be made from posts like this...but I’d stand by it.

its a clever answer at best .

No one wants their TV program spoilt by something they have no interest in.

I am not anti womens football , I have tried to find an interest in it (did you with the darts)

It can be on anywhere that I don't have to be forced to pretend to be interested in it . Isn't that fair enough?

Simp
    Cuck

The choice is yours 👍

It can be on anywhere that I don't have to be forced to pretend to be interested in it . Isn't that fair enough?
    I think where we disagree (apart from about how good Peugot 206's are) is that I don't think that it being on anywhere forces you to pretend to be interested in it. But let's agree to disagree and I'll accept your Peugot apology whenever you're ready.