+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fourth Test India v Eng

Fourth Test India v Eng

England all out for 205 and the next innings will have a huge bearing on whether they can save the series.

They won the toss and batted so you'd think that Root imagines the pitch will dereriorate.

Stokes the only man to make fifty so, even though the spinners (without spinning it) again had the upper hand, shirley it has to be said that it is another England batting failure?

We shall see.

Re: Fourth Test India v Eng

Lawrence's dismissal was terrible. Premeditated down the pitch just to try to get to his 50 with a big shot.

if England can pick up another wicket this evening it would be very handy

5 maidens Inna row for Anderson. pity leach hasn't been able to out the pressure on more at the other end

First Team

Poor batting on what looks like a decent strip.
    Strange selection in respect of the bowling attack.
    The only plus , so far, is that had you offered me a series 3-1 defeat I would have bitten your hand off. I suspect that most people were thinking a 4-0 defeat to what is a potentially great Indian team.

Another inept batting display on a wicket doing very little. Laughable team selection again. Poor captaincy in the field from Root- e.g. three men on leg boundary for Pujara, who doesn't sweep and hits most shots on off side. Whats not to enjoy !!

A great morning session from England by the look of it. India 80-4 at lunch. 20 minutes after lunch and they are 100-4, thanks to Bess being bloody useless. He doesn’t even look like a decent club bowler. Root is going to have to have a bowl soon seeing as England have only gone with a 4 bowler attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    A great morning session from England by the look of it. India 80-4 at lunch. 20 minutes after lunch and they are 100-4, thanks to Bess being bloody useless. He doesn’t even look like a decent club bowler. Root is going to have to have a bowl soon seeing as England have only gone with a 4 bowler attack.
    Especially as Bess has at least 1 or 2 over-pitched deliveries an over. Scoring has gotten a lot easier since he started to bowl.

Picking Lawrence to bat at 7 and be a bowler short was a crazy decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Dont think they would have done that unless Stokes was fully fit and able to play as a bowler

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Dont think they would have done that unless Stokes was fully fit and able to play as a bowler
    No they wouldn't have. I still think there should have been an extra bowler.

No they wouldn't have. I still think there should have been an extra bowler.
    I reckon Root has seen this as an opportunity to give his bowling figures a boost. He's opening the bowling for the final session!

On the radio yesterday they were all saying that it was a good call.

The game and series slipping away from England in this last session.
    Pant, after being a little subdued early on, is cutting loose after England took the new ball.

100 partnership with the also impressive Sundar and just seven short of his century.

It just goes to show what you can do by batting properly.
    Digging in, playing sensibly and wearing the bowlers out.

The way these two are playing the pitch is a corker

Edit:
    SIX to bring up his ton.
    Fair play to him, fantastic stuff!

That LBW decision before tea was crucial. Again England fell foul of the Umpires decision element of the review. In the past I'm sure an umpire would have given that out.

It was painful watching Bess bowl today - he's young for a spinner and so can recover from this, but he's been found out to an extent this winter despite taking quite a few wickets. Although it would hardly have sent out a good signal, I reckon England would have been better off flying someone over to play if they insisted on having two frontline spinners.

That said, England are not going to lose this test just because of Dom Bess - like every other side in the world over close to a decade, they've found winning in India practically impossible and, in truth, they've done better than most by winning a test.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It was painful watching Bess bowl today - he's young for a spinner and so can recover from this, but he's been found out to an extent this winter despite taking quite a few wickets. Although it would hardly have sent out a good signal, I reckon England would have been better off flying someone over to play if they insisted on having two frontline spinners.

That said, England are not going to lose this test just because of Dom Bess - like every other side in the world over close to a decade, they've found winning in India practically impossible and, in truth, they've done better than most by winning a test.
    Or not flying Moeen home after the 2nd Test

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Poor batting on what looks like a decent strip.
    Strange selection in respect of the bowling attack.
    The only plus , so far, is that had you offered me a series 3-1 defeat I would have bitten your hand off. I suspect that most people were thinking a 4-0 defeat to what is a potentially great Indian team.
    I can see our batsmen struggling to make the deficit, which is likely to be around 120 ?

The end is nigh

Another incredibly poor set of batting scores and absolutely no idea how to play spin.

Jonny Bairstow's dismissal was particularly bad, like a rabbit in the headlights.

Those poor Indian fans, when will they get to see a proper contest?

Poor channel 4 too!

Poor preparation and poor application for a completely different set of conditions.

Wonder what the excuses will be this time

Poor, piss poor.

Dan Lawrence fifty.
    Well played young man, in both first innings and second.

There is inept batting and then there is totally inept batting. That display was worse. Total lack of application by everyone except Lawrence. The rest of them gave their wickets away because they couldn't be bothered. Bairstow, Root and Popes were just ridiculous.