Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
I’ve nothing against MM, but this is a panic move by the club because of the Celtic story in the media.

Personally, I’d have rather the club took their time and re-assessed the situation at the end of the season.
The vast majority of managers are given the job without a trial period whatsoever and, in this case, after ten games an employer will have gleaned a great deal about a manager, his methods, his practical rather than theoretical ways of doing things and his man management skills. Comparing that scenario with just interviewing someone and carrying out background checks it's a lot to go on and perhaps has more gravitas than your assertion that it is a panic move based on a particular post being vacant elsewhere. And even if that were true it would be understandable if an effort has been made to secure a successful temporary encumbent who wasn't contracted to us for more than a couple of months more and who may very well be courted by other clubs in the meantime. I can't see the problem with that and it would be a far less satisfactory situation if we lost him in the circumstances.