Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
this seems rather Similar to a recent appointment at old Trafford...

ole gets the job until the end of the season. then wins a bunch of games and they feel they have to give him the job even though many fans probably wanted someone else more progressive.

yes We've improved under McCarthy, and fine on this great run, but we were never as bad as it seemed under Harris, our underlying stats were always good so we were due a good run. now we have been over performing xG since McCarthy took over - so there will probably be a slump at some point.

he's done well enough to deserve a go though.
my only concern is much of the improvement seems to be "man management" which isn't something that is sustainable, who he brings in and how he develops our style are in answered questions, which will ultimately decide whether this is a good appointment or not, but we will have to wait and see
I think it is a bit simplistic to say it is just man management. He's changed the system, we've got our best players in their best positions and is getting a tune out of them. I think 4 or 5 of them are playing better than ever before and although Moore helps, he's getting more and more out of him too.