Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
I have no issues with this move.

Of course I would prefer someone who can evolve the playing style more quickly, coordinate and harmonise the playing styles across the different age groups, improve our transfer policy and all the while maintain results... However, that is a long term project and frankly even our most talented players are not used to playing a more possession based form of football. So my 'wishes' are pretty unrealistic at the moment.

I thought that as a short term appointment MM and TC wouldn't be particularly bothered about the U18s and U23s and would be 'warnockish' in their approach.

As one poster said MM wasn't particularly coming off the back of a great appointment and his start at city is better than any start he's ever had as a manager, let alone his recent past.

My expectation was he would keep us up without addressing the other areas of the club I mentioned.

I was wrong. The football has improved (given the limitations of the - we are more exciting to watch, can score, concede far fewer goals and the players look like they are enjoying themselves. He's also been far more involved in the U18s and U23s and much more willing than I anticipated to bring on youth players.

I think we will have a game or two where we will get found out but overall the club are right to give him a longer term deal.
I agree. None of us want the club to be revolutionised in League 1. Let's face it MM has been far better than any of us expected.