+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mick signs new 2 year deal.

Re: Mick signs new 2 year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    I have no issues with this move.

Of course I would prefer someone who can evolve the playing style more quickly, coordinate and harmonise the playing styles across the different age groups, improve our transfer policy and all the while maintain results... However, that is a long term project and frankly even our most talented players are not used to playing a more possession based form of football. So my 'wishes' are pretty unrealistic at the moment.

I thought that as a short term appointment MM and TC wouldn't be particularly bothered about the U18s and U23s and would be 'warnockish' in their approach.

As one poster said MM wasn't particularly coming off the back of a great appointment and his start at city is better than any start he's ever had as a manager, let alone his recent past.

My expectation was he would keep us up without addressing the other areas of the club I mentioned.

I was wrong. The football has improved (given the limitations of the - we are more exciting to watch, can score, concede far fewer goals and the players look like they are enjoying themselves. He's also been far more involved in the U18s and U23s and much more willing than I anticipated to bring on youth players.

I think we will have a game or two where we will get found out but overall the club are right to give him a longer term deal.
    I agree. None of us want the club to be revolutionised in League 1. Let's face it MM has been far better than any of us expected.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Be honest we were dreadful under Harris even when we were on that winning run.
    There was no game plan it was if he just said here's the team for today good luck lads.
    Harris reminded me of a bad local under 13's parks team manager. Turns up in his dodgy tracksuit banging on about how he was a semi pro left back in 1988 and then just shouts drivel the entire match, and loses.
    The kids don't understand him, the parents hate him, but he comes away patting them on the back "never mind lads, you did yourselves proud, don't worry about losing 7-0" and then spends the next hour taking the nets down falling off the ladder.

Can't fault the desire and hunger from people him like him, just miles away from reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    Harris reminded me of a bad local under 13's parks team manager. Turns up in his dodgy tracksuit banging on about how he was a semi pro left back in 1988 and then just shouts drivel the entire match, and loses.
    The kids don't understand him, the parents hate him, but he comes away patting them on the back "never mind lads, you did yourselves proud, don't worry about losing 7-0" and then spends the next hour taking the nets down falling off the ladder.

Can't fault the desire and hunger from people him like him, just miles away from reality.
    Sounds like a fair synopsis that.... dad

[QUOTE=Jimmy the Jock;5173810]
    Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post

I would love to see the club revolutionised , in fact the club must revolutionise to climb to the summit of modern football

The problem with a huge change is it could bring a lack of results, simply because the type of players we have now might not be capable of playing a different style of football . I do accept I may be doing them a disservice ..

If we have concerns that current crop aren't ripe for revolution of playing style and don't fit as neatly into focus on developmental projects (cost cutting) club wants do we: i) look to sell them over the summer? ii) risk losing them for noting as contracts run out so MM doesn't have them in his second year? or iii) extend their deals in which case problem is only moved further down the road?

That's what I trying to say in my post...

I for one welcome our new overlord, Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    As I said on the other thread, Dalman spoke on radio this am and said MM had interest/offers from other clubs. That is why City moved now.
    Yeah, right.

More like MM’s agent has played a media blinder here, to secure him this two year contract.

Given his recent record, I very much doubt a club better than Cardiff, would have come in for him at this stage of his career.

Re: McCarthy signs new deal

Cardiff City = No plan

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post

Spot on
    I can't listen to him and no offence to him but is face gets on my nerves to

Wonder why he started with Ralls last night and dropped bacuna? Pack has been decent of late. Happy to admit I know sh*t all.....